DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Unable to link image to story

Hi everyone. I'm brand new to FG, so please excuse any ignorance. I'm attempting to link an image to a story, but nothing happens when dragging it over. It's a custom image that I've added to assets by placing it in the images folder. I can drag the same image from assets to maps and it work as expected. Dragging it onto a story does nothing.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Hi Chainsaud, welcome to FG.

See the attached image which illustrates the process more easily than describing it. Use the same method to link anything to stories or to pin things to a map etc. Just drag the dragon head (or whatever symbol it is in the theme you are using) and drop it where you want.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

OH! So I need to add it to images and maps before I can link it. I thought I could do it right from assets. Thanks a bunch. (You guys are fast!)

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsaud View Post
    OH! So I need to add it to images and maps before I can link it. I thought I could do it right from assets. Thanks a bunch. (You guys are fast!)
    Indeed. Unity works a little differently from Classic in this respect. You need to add images to the images list before they are actually useable in the campaign.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In trying to link an map page into my story board I seem to have some images that won't transfer the link to the story. A "blank" link populates with the appropriate heading but no red/white link. No in my attempt to trouble shoot I can then populate that blank link with the red/white link from the opened image but not from the link in the image/map list without opening it.

Anyone else run into this? And any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong here? Obviously I can still get things to how I want them it's just a couple extra steps.

Also I should clarify that this doesn't happen with every map/link. Just a couple I have used. Isn't related to file type or size as far as I can tell.

If you press return after dragging in a link then FG will automatically add a new blank link. If you are dragging in several images just drag them in one at a time from the images and maps list. Make sure you are dragging the link on the top left of the image and not the image itself.

Well it was something simple on my end. As I was making a list of maps in the story entry I was dropping the link on top of the previous listed link instead of below it. This would replace the linked map with the new one and then create a blank link for the name of the new image.

TLDR; be careful not to overlap when creating lists of links.

Thread Information