Joshua Stream Pre

Trait +1d Effect Not implemented?

Hi there,

So I tried to add an effect [Trait +1d] which should increase the die type for all trait rolls by 1, but this does not seem to be implemented. [Trait+1] works fine adding a straight +1 mod, and [Specificskill +1d] works just fine. Am I missing something? Would this be difficult to implement?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Hi there,

So I tried to add an effect [Trait +1d] which should increase the die type for all trait rolls by 1, but this does not seem to be implemented. [Trait+1] works fine adding a straight +1 mod, and [Specificskill +1d] works just fine. Am I missing something? Would this be difficult to implement?

Thanks!
    You need to replace Trait with the actual Trait you want to Raise

e.g. Strength +1d or Fighting +1d
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I want to raise and lower them all. I was trying to implement a house rule lowering/raising all trait rolls rather than flat modifiers like for wounds/fatigue, as I find SW has too much of a death spiral built in otherwise. So can this be implemented? It seems like the functionality is there already in some form

Yea, apparently it doesn't work.

As an elegant workaround, you could create an Effect on the effect list called say Effectplus1d[Strength|Agility|Smarts|Spirit|Vigor|Fighting|...p utallyourskillshere +1d]

And then when you want to reference it, either adding to CT or to an item simply use #, example: Big Buff [#Effectplus1d], so you won't have an enormous list of traits when you actually have to use it.

Does the "|" character work in Unity? I was having issues with the Outsider hindrance not registering the penalty to Performance skill (it is listed as [Performance|Persuasion -2]). I made an effect using it too and it didnt register one of the skills I listed either. There have been a lot of oddities with effects applying sometimes then not being applied for no reason I can determine. It makes me not trust the program, which is not good. For now, I am chalking it up to the Unity version still being in beta and in flux so much of the older rulesets might not be keeping up with the changes.

Yes, it does. I just tried it, and even tried adding [Performance|Persuasion -2] to the outsider Hindrance, and it worked perfectly well. As a Hindrance, it auto adds a -2 penalty directly on the skill. And if used as an effect, it actually added a modifier to the roll. So... actually working.

FYI, I am adding support in Savage Worlds 5.2 where Trait effect keyword would affect all Trait.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Enhance your core Savage Worlds ruleset with SW Enhancement Extensions, get more to savage!
    Want to create SW NPCs quickly? Use SW NPC Maker extension!
    Want to prove your dices are cursed or blessed? Try out SW Roll Statistics

Nice! Though the Effect with everything does work! Though Common Knowledge and Weird Science seem to break the "|" line, had to add them individually after a "," . Attributes too.

Quote Originally Posted by EmptyOwl View Post
    Nice! Though the Effect with everything does work! Though Common Knowledge and Weird Science seem to break the "|" line, had to add them individually after a "," . Attributes too.
    It might be the whitespace in those traits. Remove the whitespace in effect and you should be good to go.
    "Alright, you primitive screwheads, listen up: THIS... is my BOOMSTICK!" -- Ash Williams, Army of Darkness

Post your SavageWorlds ruleset feature requests and issue reports here!

Enhance your core Savage Worlds ruleset with SW Enhancement Extensions, get more to savage!
    Want to create SW NPCs quickly? Use SW NPC Maker extension!
    Want to prove your dices are cursed or blessed? Try out SW Roll Statistics

Thread Information