FG Spreadshirt Swag

Basic GM 5e Question

Our county health official just said we all have to stay home. This means my D&D 5e Princes of the Apocalypse game now has to move online immediately.

I bought an Ultimate Fantasy Grounds package several years ago, with 12 DLCs including PotA, for something significantly north of $250. I tried to make it work for two weeks, and gave up in frustration. Counted the money lost as a lesson learned.

Well, I still have the program, and I booted it up this evening hoping that four years later things would have become easier, or the videos online would have become more useful.

After two hours, I still can't figure out how to get the DLCs I purchased on Steam imported into a game. I try and create a game, but when I go to library it doesn't look like anything in the videos I've watched, and my DLCs don't show up.

When I go to Settings, and check the Steam button, then ask it to update it says it will try, then I get an error message: "ERROR GetSteamManifest: Network: HTTP/1.1" and a bunch of other crap I don't understand, and it just repeats that error every 10 seconds forever.

Is there a clear guide anywhere on how to connect Fantasy Grounds with Steam, and access the stuff I bought years ago? This is the primary reason I still haven't ever used this software.

Thank you.

If possible, get on Discord. Live help is always better than trying to get help on a forum.

Fantasy Grounds has an official server, and there's always the fantastic Fantasy Grounds College.

I'm not one to hand-feed people, as I feel you learn more if you can do it yourself.

Hopefully I've given you enough to get a start.

In summary: Discord and Fantasy Grounds College.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Good Day Doyen75 and Welcome
    I do not purchase FG from Steam but perhaps this can help you?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...count_To_Steam

Welcome to the forums Doyen75!

If you’re not that technically proficient with computers then what dberkompas mentions is probably your best route.

However, before you do that make sure you’ve followed the steps shown here before you do an update: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...count_To_Steam

If, after syncing your FG account with Steam, you still receive the error you mention in your post - and if you’re comfortable checking things on your computer: the error you’re receiving is due to the FG updater application being unable to connect and download your products from the FG update server. This is usually due to something on your computer blocking the connection - make sure your network connection on your computer is not “public” but set to “private”. Check all of your security/anti-virus/anti-malware applications to see if they are blocking the Fantasy Grounds updater application from accessing the network.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also, what ISP are you on? Some ISPs can cause issues - see this thread: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Be assured that Fantasy Grounds can deliver a 5e PotA online because that is exactly what I am doing .

It is a learning curve on how to use and there are examples how to do this out there.

Start with basics, learn how to open a map, how to use the pins, add encounters from the pinned story entries to the combat tracker. Next, follow a combat round and to use NPC abilities.
    Ultimate License
    UK Time Zone (GMT/BST)
    DM'ing since 1977 (Basic D&D)

Currently Playing:
    Empire of the Ghouls 5E Campaign
    Tales from the Yawning Portal 5E Campaign
    Rise of the Runelords Pathfinder 1e
    Amazing Adventures 5E Campaign
    "Some are born to move the world, to live their fantasies
    But most of us just dream about the things we'd like to be."
    Rush - Losing It

Currently DM'ing