5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

LF2P D&D5E Out of the Abyss Bi-Weekly game

Good evening all,

I am the DM of an OotA (5e) game that takes place at 7 pm (eastern) every other Saturday night and goes for roughly 4 hour sessions. My group and I are looking for 2 more players (this would bring us to 4 players) to round out some loses we've taken recently. I have the ultimate edition of fantasy grounds (not unity yet) so players would only need the demo or higher to join in the game. We use discord voice chat to communicate during the game. I encourage my players to voice their characters (and do poor attempts at NPC accents myself) and try to role play what their character would do rather than what is most expedient for the encounter or what would be the 'most powerful/right' response. That said we do normally have a couple of combat encounters per game and a puzzle or two thrown in where appropriate. You would be joining about midway through the campaign at level 7 (with many interesting class/races available) on the surface in the Sword Coast region, and we can definitely work together to find a cool way to bring the group into contact with your character and draw you into the wider story (don't worry there's a ton left to do and some interesting plot points sprinkled throughout along with a massive amount of side activities we could get into). Note, this game setting is maybe more mature than you may be used to just by the nature of it being set in the Underdark and involving demonic forces, drow elves, etc.

Therefore, we are looking for players who are mature (we're all adults and use no no language sometimes along with some adult situations), easy going (we're not great at keeping up with every rule), and most of all dependable. If you do apply, know that I am done prepping for the week to find out that one of my players is going to show up an hour late without a warning or worse, not at all, without a response. I am a super laid back dude and I will support/help you make the characters/decisions you think are most interesting (within reason) as long as they are justifiable to the story and setting we are in (for instance one of my player's characters is a Drow Paladin who sleeps around with just about everyone). I am just looking for people who will respect everyone's time by being there when they say they will and enjoying a good game with me and the gang. If you think that person is you, please let me know and we will get together so I can feel you out a bit before introducing you to the others.

Day of the Week: Saturday
    Time of game: 7-11 pm Eastern
    Frequency: Every other Saturday (at least until end of Summer then may go back to weekly)
    GM License: Ultimate (non Unity)
    Voice/Text: Discord (voice during game)
    Mix of RPG/Combat: Half and Half

Campaign as it stands: The campaign is at the midway point (which a perfect time to grab some new blood in here), the party has witnessed unspeakable evil prowling within their native Underdark and have (or will by the time you presumably join) escaped to the surface near the Evermoors on the Sword Coast. They will be beaten and battered and for the Drow Paladin Wode and his Half-Drow Priestess compatriot Shyreen this will be their first glimpse of the surface world (but maybe not yours!). Under a blanket of starlight these two will narrowly avoid capture by a hunting party of Drow (well I mean hopefully they do...) who have been chasing them for months and of course in turn avoiding their utter destruction at the hands of various demons and demon lords that now roam free within the confines of the Underdark tunnels. The only current goal of the group will be to travel to Gauntlgrym at the insistance of Eldeth Feldrun the sole surviving party member (Dwarf NPC) from the beginning of the campaign.

Thanks,
    Mykeus

Setting/Adventure Info:
    Dare to descend into the Underdark in this adventure for the world’s greatest roleplaying game!

The Underdark is a subterranean wonderland, a vast and twisted labyrinth where fear reigns. It is the home of horrific monsters that have never seen the light of day. It is here that the dark elf Gromph Baenre, Archmage of Menzoberranzan, casts a foul spell meant to ignite a magical energy that suffuses the Underdark and tears open portals to the demonic Abyss. What steps through surprises even him, and from that moment on, the insanity that pervades the Underdark escalates and threatens to shake the Forgotten Realms to its foundations. Stop the madness before it consumes you!

Damn, you sound like an awesome DM. Unfortunately I could not get my FG Classic to work with port forwarding without having to buy another 40+ dollars worth of VPN software. So, I had to get FG Unity and that took me 3 weeks to get working properly. FYI both can be upgraded to Ultimate. Neither program will work together.

Well mate,

Unfortunately I have to inform you that you spent these 40 bucks without need. I also had problems with port forwarding due to special German internet provider connections, but I manage to host my games with free vpn software called zero tier. There is a thread here that addresses reliable free vpn solutions and there is a tutorial on YouTube as well that explains how to use Zero Tier for Fantasy Grounds. It is very easy; I did this for the first time and it took only about 3-5 minutes. So if you want, try this VPN software, check if it works and try to get a refund if possible.
    Last edited by Ragnar0ekk; April 5th, 2020 at 14:31.

Thanks for the info. You might want to psot the info in a new thread and let everyone know. Lots of people having issues with FG Classic connecting to their friends as networks have changed. I was checking out lots of VPN software and everyone of them require some type of monthly, annual subscription. I assume zero tier does not count against bandwidth usage.

Hi! I'd like to join your campaign if you still have room. But first, a little about myself.

I have been playing D&D at the table for almost 20 years. I started playing 3.5e and to date, it is my preferred system. I have dabbled in 5e, however it has been a few years since I last gave it its due. That is mostly because my table top group also prefers 3.5e. I have been DMing a home brewed campaign for the last 3 years, and as a result I am eager to go back to running a PC. My favorite classes to play are a run n gun style ranger, or a controlling type of wizard. I am however open to play other archetypes. I currently own a license for FGC but I do have the Ultimate demo loaded.

So let me know if I'm able to join!

Hello shezingzh,

You can find the information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...y-Grounds-Game
    It is already linked to the sticky "port forward alternatives" in the House of Healing. It's a pity that you couldn't find this post.

Best wishes

Ragnar0ekk

Hey Reamak, you got beat to the punch by a few people but should anything not work out with them you are on the list! Thank you for your interest and i will be back in touch if those others do not work out for some reason or another!

Damn, you sound like an awesome DM.
    Aww thanks My issue with unity (which i cannot wait for!) is that it is basically alpha right now and a lot of things can pop up in alphas that can really mess up a campaign. Also it would force my players to go grab it and they have other games that use the basic version and it just creates a bit of a headache to be an early adopter of things like that.

Are you still looking for players? I'm a long time pen and paper player and looking for an online group. I'm new to fantasy ground but do have a ultimate unitiy license. Let me know if you need any other info! Thanks
    Last edited by Grimluk; April 9th, 2020 at 06:47.

Thread Information