STAR TREK 2d20

Players Can't See Shared Images

I've put some jpgs into the Images folder. I drag the image from Assets to Images & Maps. When I share the image, the players can't see it. They just get a red question mark.

Same. I had a custom image that I loaded well in advance but once my players got logged in and I was able to give them the reveal they couldn't see anything. Same issue with the asset on the token/portrait.

The LOS map I shared also had major issues. One of my players had the map cut in half and shifted. Another the lower half was night vision green. Some players could see tokens and some couldn't. It was kind of a mess lol.

The red box comes up whilst your computer is sending the image across to your players. If your upload speed is low and the image is really large it might take a while.

If after waiting for a time it still doesnt appear, there is a network sticky post at the top of the forum which describes what information they need. There are known network issues, and they need logs from people to help them sort it out .

That would be surprising for me as I'm running gig internet with a high upload speed all hardwired on gaming rig. I'll grab the log next time I see it.

Is direct connection over LAN the fastest and most stable way to connect at the moment as it removes the cloud lobby involvement? Is this a general connection issue or cloud lobby related?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverDrew View Post
    That would be surprising for me as I'm running gig internet with a high upload speed all hardwired on gaming rig. I'll grab the log next time I see it.

Is direct connection over LAN the fastest and most stable way to connect at the moment as it removes the cloud lobby involvement? Is this a general connection issue or cloud lobby related?
    LAN definitely the most stable. I'm not privey to the exact cause of the current network issues, but its linked to the cloud servers. Direct lan, seems to avoid any issues (at least for me it has).

I just pushed a new build that should help with most of the transfer issues that people were seeing. All players and GM need to update to the latest version. (2020-04-04)

Regards,
    JPG

Had a player in a campaign yesterday that could not play because all images and maps were showing as a red question mark for him. He kept getting error messages on the screen. All other players were able to see everything though.

Quote Originally Posted by QueDaPayne View Post
    Had a player in a campaign yesterday that could not play because all images and maps were showing as a red question mark for him. He kept getting error messages on the screen. All other players were able to see everything though.
    QueDaPayne, did you ever figure this out? It's happening to one of my players this week. Any new images or maps I share he sees "?" but anything he had already works.

Same thing happened to my players tonight. It was a very large image I was sharing. After a time, it loaded eventually for two of three players, but the image still had a red question mark in the center of the image. The third player never got to see the image.

Thread Information