STAR TREK 2d20

FGU - failure accessing campaign data on network drive

I have my gamedata files on a network share, but when I try to start up my campaign it fails to access the files, it appears that it's stripping the leading '\' from the path. If I create a new campaign it works fine, but once I exit I can't get back in.

[4/4/2020 2:31:53 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] LAUNCHER START BUTTON: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Destination directory not found: \<XXXX>\Fantasy Ground Unity\campaigns\Test
    at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName, System.Boolean overwrite) [0x00162] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at System.IO.File.Copy (System.String sourceFileName, System.String destFileName) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at JECDJEHHEIE.MDAFEAKHIOA () [0x0004d] in <46db431682984e49996a758532796682>:0
    at JECDJEHHEIE.ILNNFDLFCHH (System.String OEKADEOGOOL, System.String EDDLBLODPCM, System.String BOLDJMHMGNJ, System.String DMNMMAFPGKE, System.Boolean CMFJOCMLFOP, System.Boolean JOJMOLKGDPJ, System.Int32 PGGLDPLNGBD, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] GOEAJEEMHLH) [0x0005b] in <46db431682984e49996a758532796682>:0
    at FG.LauncherScene.GJBJEPOCJNF () [0x000a7] in <46db431682984e49996a758532796682>:0
    at FG.LauncherScene.StartButtonClicked () [0x00037] in <46db431682984e49996a758532796682>:0

It's correct in the registry.

Are you running on Mac OSX or Windwows?

It looks like it's failing on a backup/copy routine for backing up the campaign on load. I can't see anything obvious for why it would strip a slash. Might need to try and set up here.

I will mention that loading and sharing with players will be "much" slower on a network drive than a local drive.

Regards,
    JPG

This is on Windows 10. I've been using the same network location on FGC, it's slower, but acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Are you running on Mac OSX or Windwows?

It looks like it's failing on a backup/copy routine for backing up the campaign on load. I can't see anything obvious for why it would strip a slash. Might need to try and set up here.

I will mention that loading and sharing with players will be "much" slower on a network drive than a local drive.

Regards,
    JPG

Just a heads up that you shouldn't use the same data folder for both FGC and FGU. They are not data-compatible with each other. FGU can read FGC campaigns; but not vice-versa.

Regards,
    JPG

Yup, I set them upin different directories. thanks for the tip though

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    Just a heads up that you shouldn't use the same data folder for both FGC and FGU. They are not data-compatible with each other. FGU can read FGC campaigns; but not vice-versa.

Regards,
    JPG

One way to get around this is to make a mount point on your Windows 10 PC linking to the network share. This is done using the MKLINK command, and creates a symbolic link to another resource. So as an example would be you have a directory on C:\FGDATA and want to have a link to \\server\FGU:

mklink /D C:\FGDATA\FGU \\server\FGU

Now you can find the FGU structure a C:\FGDATA\FGU, this will allow you to save the files "locally" and on the network share at the same time.

Feel foolish not thinking of that myself..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirloc View Post
    One way to get around this is to make a mount point on your Windows 10 PC linking to the network share. This is done using the MKLINK command, and creates a symbolic link to another resource. So as an example would be you have a directory on C:\FGDATA and want to have a link to \\server\FGU:

mklink /D C:\FGDATA\FGU \\server\FGU

Now you can find the FGU structure a C:\FGDATA\FGU, this will allow you to save the files "locally" and on the network share at the same time.

Thread Information