Starfinder Playlist

Opened port 1802 UDP, but how can my players connect?

Hi, I got port forwarding set up for FGU, but I don't understand how to let my players connect through the port.

When hosting campaign, do I select Cloud + Private

Sent them my external Ip to find me, or can they just use my GM name to find my campaign and connect?

Many thanks!

Host your game as a LAN game, players connect via your external IP (type 'my ip' in google) at port 1802.
    (The name field uses the Lobby service, looks for you DM name in the lobby, which is being problematic at the moment.)

As long as your router has set up port forwarding for port 1802 UDP (FGU) / TCP (FGC) and your local firewall isn't blocking inbound or outbound signals for FGU it should work.
    Equally on the players side, they need to make sure their local firewall isn't blocking FGU.

I've run a couple of games that way this week and it worked like a charm.
    This sets up a direct connection and avoids the Lobby service entirely.
    Last edited by StoryWeaver; April 4th, 2020 at 15:04.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thanks Styrmir, this really helpful!
    Hoping its gonna work well for us too, our next session is not until next week Saturday, but plan to try out your suggestions on Monday, so can't wait to try and see how it works

Good luck with your game.
    Extension writer, FGU Backer, Ultimate License holder.

5E Enhancer (development and support on hold for now)

Combat Enhancer 5E Classic (no longer officially supported, community support only)

ps. Do not send PM's for support for the extensions I write, I will not not be able to respond there. Use the relevant forum threads instead so the community can benefit from the replies, thank you.

Thread Information