5E Character Create Playlist

Unity Rejects Password

Hi, I changed my password on the website this morning, now Unity won't accept my login. When I load up, it says "Check for Updates." However, it won't update. When I hit the "Log" button, it says password invalid, but it's the same password that works on the website.

I uninstalled and reinstalled and that fixed it.

Blog Entries
    From the FGU launch screen you should have been able to go into Settings and update your password there and then perform an Update.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

No, that didn't work. I tried that many times.

Having same issue, did you ever figure it out?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HeplMeh View Post
    Having same issue, did you ever figure it out?
    Welcome. Post #2 indicates that an uninstall/reinstall fixed the issue.

You might be able to go into your registry and delete the saves info there, but not sure which field etc so only do that if you know how to backup your registry first etc.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Similar issue. My saved password is an older one. I can change it and manually log in. But using "Save" does not seem to keep the new password. Every time I come back to the settings menu and try to login it says invalid password and I have to manually change it again.

Similar with me. I´m an ulimate user.A certificate of poverty for such an expensive program.

Quote Originally Posted by Mill Brooks View Post
    Similar with me.
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having an issue.

When you launch FGU, click the "Settings" button and then go to the "Advanced" tab - make a note of the Data Directory location. Then go to the "Troubleshoot" tab and click the "Clear Settings" button - this will step you through the initial setup again, asking for the Data Directory, License Key and for you to enter your username and password. This should reset those settings and so should (hopefully) keep the entered password.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yes, it kept the entered passord and downloaded and installed the program again. That worked. Thanx! And very importend: It kept the german translates, I made for my players for many, many hours!

Thread Information