FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

FGU not displaying correct internal IP address

Hi,

My connection problem is that FGU is reporting an incorrect internal IPv4 address 172.18.66.33 when I know it is 192.168.1.101 - I have a fixed internal address. Windows 10 correctly reports it as the 192 number, so FGU is clearly having problems getting my number from Win10. FGC has no problem reporting my internal address correctly, and connections to and from FGC all work well.

I notice also that the Link-local IPv6 address (fe80::ad30:9e31:acd6:5104) is incorrect to the Win10 number (fe80:c94e:dc48:8aea:2b53%7) - to be expected if the IP4 address is incorrect.

Is FGU translating the IPv6 into the IPv4 and/or, could it be the % symbol in the Win10 address causing the issue?

Interesting, I just read from (https://superuser.com/questions/9974...e-ipv6-address) the % number is not a hex number at all, but is the scope ID for the network adapter.

Not sure if any of this helps.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Griffonbait View Post
    Hi,

My connection problem is that FGU is reporting an incorrect internal IPv4 address 172.18.66.33 when I know it is 192.168.1.101 - I have a fixed internal address. Windows 10 correctly reports it as the 192 number, so FGU is clearly having problems getting my number from Win10. FGC has no problem reporting my internal address correctly, and connections to and from FGC all work well.

I notice also that the Link-local IPv6 address (fe80::ad30:9e31:acd6:5104) is incorrect to the Win10 number (fe80:c94e:dc48:8aea:2b53%7) - to be expected if the IP4 address is incorrect.

Is FGU translating the IPv6 into the IPv4 and/or, could it be the % symbol in the Win10 address causing the issue?
    do an ipconfig /all and confirm you do not have additional (virtual) network adapters.
    if they are not in use, or not in use when running FGU then disable them, or change teh network binding order.
    It doesnt actually matter though because FGU is listening on all the adapters.

I've moved this from the original thread you posted in, to the FGU specific forum.

As the previous thread you'd posted these in, and as damned has mentioned - do you have multiple network interfaces setup in your computer? Do you use a VPN? Do you have any VM software installed?
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 3rd, 2020 at 10:08.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I posted this elsewhere in an old thread:

Hi,

Interesting, I just read from (https://superuser.com/questions/9974...e-ipv6-address) the % number is not a hex number at all, but is the scope ID for the network adapter. Also, for Linux the number is a hexadecimal.

Not sure if any of this helps.
    Last edited by Griffonbait; April 3rd, 2020 at 10:07.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Please see above.
    Above where exactly?

Okay, thanks - yes I do have a virtual Ethernet adapter. And I turn that off, yes? How?

Yay, thank you - got it figured out - now to test it.

Cheers.

Thread Information