STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Possible Issue in FGU - Adding Effects on the fly not applying for players

Issue: I added an effect (AC: -4) to an NPC. This should have taken the NPC's normal AC of 15 and made it 11. THe player still missed it while hitting for 12.

Steps to Reproduce: Go the the NPC entry in the combat tracker, add the effect, type AC: -4 (or AC: 4 for that matter). Then have the PLAYER roll attacks to see if it works.. First, you don't see the Def Effects -4 on the chat window. If the GM rolls the attack, this works right away but not for the connected player. On the effects tab, it defaults to visible to all.

Workaround: I toggled Visible to All to GM only and then back and it worked.

Possible solution: When an effect is added, automatically refresh the toggle Active to Inactive and then back to get it to show correctly

I tested this in FGC and it works perfectly so this appears to be an issue limited to FGU.. The effects functionality does work but you have to toggle Visibility on the effects line to get it to work.
    Last edited by Mazzar; April 3rd, 2020 at 05:07.

What ruleset were you using when attempting this?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Not saying this isn't a problem, but must be subtle. I followed the steps to reproduce in my game using 5e rule set and could not reproduce. Not using Cloud game though, using LAN for what its worth.

I checked in FGU with a mock battle. I was able to have the combat go smoothly with adding the effect AC: -# and tried varying the number. It removed the correct number with each test attack. I entered in the new effect exactly AC: -# and then closed the effects by clicking on the effects button. Can you double check and see if it replicates as I am not able to replicate what you are seeing?
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

Is your player that is connected making the attack or you as the GM? The GM has no issue. The player that is connected to the game is the one that has the issue. This is the 5E ruleset.

Yes, verified with a second instance as the client.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

I have been experiencing this same issue. Applying an effect to a creature (player or NPC) in the combat tracker does not change anything when a roll is made. I've seen this happen in a couple instances.

In one, a rogue was rolling sneak attack damage and added their effect (DMG: 2d6). They also had an extra damage die, so I added a typed-in effect (DMG: 1d8). When rolled, the 2d6 applied, but the 1d8 did not.

The second time was typing in a Bless effect. The bonus 1d4 did not roll when the player rolled their saving throw as it should have. Another player dragging the effect onto their token in the tracker works fine, but I cannot type the effect in.

Both instances were different players connected via direct connection. One was from inside the same network (local IP) and one was an external (external IP).

Hi Zombiekemist welcome to FG.

I'm partially able to reproduce this. I need to do some more testing.
    Last edited by Zacchaeus; July 30th, 2020 at 21:26.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just tried with Zacchaeus's quick steps he sent; but didn't see the issue. Anybody up for making me a quick video of your screen while it happens with two instances locally? (I think I might not have the exact steps to recreate.)

Thanks,
    JPG

I can't recreate in a new campaign either. And in the one I was testing with I can't reproduce what I was seeing either. Since the above we've had an update and then it rolled back, so I'm not sure if that's had an effect.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information