Starfinder Playlist

"Failed to load mono" fatal error on update or settings

So I will try to describe what is going on. I downloaded FGU last week, and this past Monday (3-30) I tried to get on a game with a DM and had some issues. I am running the demo, but my version was (2020-03-25) even after I had clicked update several times. I learned there was an issue, I uninstalled FGU, re-installed it, had the proper version (2020-03-26) and was able to get on and make a character for an upcoming game. Everything seemed great then.

This morning I got on, opened FGU from my desktop, clicked the "check for updates" tab and got a fatal error message of "Failed to load mono". OK, my thought it just uninstall it, reinstall it and it should be good right? Wrong, when I click the "settings" tab I get the same message. OK, posted a message on discord in the FG college and someone points me to this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-when-starting) so I tried to launch the updater from the folder (not after I had already opened FGU) as the poster in the thread I linked did and mine gives me the same error, unlike his which did update itself.

I am not sure what to do next

Have you ensured to remove all the files even after you have uninstalled? Some remnants can stay behind and the updater may skip those files if they are present.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by billye1982 View Post
    So I will try to describe what is going on. I downloaded FGU last week, and this past Monday (3-30) I tried to get on a game with a DM and had some issues. I am running the demo, but my version was (2020-03-25) even after I had clicked update several times. I learned there was an issue, I uninstalled FGU, re-installed it, had the proper version (2020-03-26) and was able to get on and make a character for an upcoming game. Everything seemed great then.

This morning I got on, opened FGU from my desktop, clicked the "check for updates" tab and got a fatal error message of "Failed to load mono". OK, my thought it just uninstall it, reinstall it and it should be good right? Wrong, when I click the "settings" tab I get the same message. OK, posted a message on discord in the FG college and someone points me to this thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-when-starting) so I tried to launch the updater from the folder (not after I had already opened FGU) as the poster in the thread I linked did and mine gives me the same error, unlike his which did update itself.

I am not sure what to do next
    Hey there

We did have some issues with a build last week that was causing some updates to fail.
    It sounds like some files were not properly updated during the process for you.

I would recommend these steps:
    1: Delete your program directory
    --Default Win: C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds
    --Default Mac: /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds
    2: Open your Data folder and navigate to the vault subfolder
    --Default Win: %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault
    --Default Mac: ~/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/vault (Home folder > SmiteWorks/FantasyGrounds/vault)
    3: Delete FantasyGrounds.dat and any files ending in .tmp
    4: Reinstall from the latest Installer
    https://fantasygrounds.com/filelibra...WebInstall.exe (PC)
    https://fantasygrounds.com/filelibra...WebInstall.pkg (Mac)

I was a ale to delete the file, download it again and everything seems to be working normal. We are supposed to play Sunday night, but so far it has launched several times since I reinstalled it

Quote Originally Posted by billye1982 View Post
    I was a ale to delete the file, download it again and everything seems to be working normal. We are supposed to play Sunday night, but so far it has launched several times since I reinstalled it
    Great!
    Sorry for the interruption there, glad it's working out for you now!

Thread Information