5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Locking map zoom for use as gaming surface

I want to use an older flat screen TV that we are not using as a game surface. The idea is to connect it as a player via localhost to my laptop. That part works. Here are my questions:

- I qould like the option to ue actual minis on that map. Is there a way to lock the zoom to roughly 1" per square? I believe there was some kind of script for the old software, but not for unity. Is there a workaround?

- is it possible to go full-screen with a map for that purpose?

I hope this has not been answered before but the only thread I managed to find related to this issue was from 2011.

Thanks in advance!

I believe, it's done with that upper right pointer on map window - first click put it in the background (with visible chat window and other stuff) and second time you click it, it would make it full screen.
    You would be able to zoom in, but for zoom out, you would stick with one inch per square on grid (according to resolution of your screen).

bigger_map.JPG
    CEST / GMT+2
    Ultimate licence – Czech & English speaking (DMing only in Czech)
    D&D 5E / MGT2e / CoC7E / PF2 & willing to try new systems

Blog Entries
    No extension has been done yet for Unity. I suspect the Face to Face will be updated once FGU is more stable, but it hasn't been done yet.

Perhaps you would like to see if you can write one? Here's the FGC extension; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-To-Face-games

I'm sure if you ask Trenloe, he would be fine if you used his code as a base for an FGU version.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thank you for the replies and sorry for the late reply.

@Fionor: you are right, those arrows do expand the map nicely, although not quite to full screen, at least not in my experiment. Also, for me, the movement and zoom of the map does not really sync with the player client despite me telling it to...

@Lord Entrails: I have only basic coding experience, so I imagine I would neither be doing a decent not a timely job with this. It would be cool to have such an extension, though...

Another question: the idea is to have one display showing all player characters and what they collectively see, with LOS and "fog of war". In my test, I created an additional PC as the "watcher" to use as the display. But that means on the map only what this token sees would be displayed. Is there a way to set it to show what every character sees when it is their turn, kinda like a DM view without all the secrets/other tokens?

Thanks again for your help!

Thread Information