DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 7 First ... 4567 Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.1

Only thing I am missing from other system is a NPC Maker like this one tool... It is amazing if you have any PDF adventure o magazine or post you just grab the text and it converts the text input into a full NPC. Really nice... and Savage Worlds is a lot more complex than Traveller so it could be done here a lot quicker:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...7-SW-NPC-Maker

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    Only thing I am missing from other system is a NPC Maker like this one tool... It is amazing if you have any PDF adventure o magazine or post you just grab the text and it converts the text input into a full NPC. Really nice... and Savage Worlds is a lot more complex than Traveller so it could be done here a lot quicker:
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...7-SW-NPC-Maker
    Morning Chap,

Those are great when the format posted in the various publications matches a fixed format, or flows better, however Traveller whilst a much simpler system has a few formatting issues, here's a couple of example:

Drinax Book 1.

KEEPER MALOS
    Code:
    AGE TERMS
    42 6
    STR 5 INT 9 SKILLS
    DEX 6 EDU 8 Admin 3, Art (performer) 2,
    Electronics (computers) 1,
    Electronics (comms) 1, Diplomat
    2, Medic 2, Persuade 1, Science
    (theology) 3
    END 8 SOC 8
    And here's what it looks like copying out of Marches 2 adventure

Code:
    SPECIES GENDER AGE
    Human Male 38
    TRAITS -
    STR 8 INT 8 SKILLS
    DEX 7 EDU 10 Admin 1, Advocate 1, Carouse 1,
    Diplomat 1, Flyer (grav) 1, Gun
    Combat (slug) 1, Investigate 1,
    Leadership 1, Persuade 2, Recon
    1, Science (archaeology) 3, Science
    (linguistics) 2
    END 9 SOC 8
    EQUIPMENT Shotgun (4D)
    That's not to say it's impossible, it's not, just a lot of guessing at part, and knowing Traveller there will be many variants of the NPC text!

So I've got no plans to work on this, I've got enough to do with High Guard at the moment, but if someone else wants to have a crack...

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Do you think you could add Domain as well as Sector & subsector to the World tab? this would be helpful in multi domain Adventures.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by backwardoracle; May 18th, 2020 at 15:24.
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

I didn't notice the weapon full auto ammo discrepancy listed on the fixes for this new version. Was that included?

Quote Originally Posted by backwardoracle View Post
    Do you think you could add Domain as well as Sector & subsector to the World tab? this would be helpful in multi domain Adventures.
    Hi Chap,

Give me an example of what you'd put in it please.

Thanks,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    I didn't notice the weapon full auto ammo discrepancy listed on the fixes for this new version. Was that included?
    Hello,

The ruleset is working fine, I spoke with Mongoose and it was already correct.

Auto 3, would use '1' round for a Single, '3' rounds for a burst and '9' rounds for Full Auto PER shot (and you get 3 shots of course).

Cheers

Thanks for addressing this MBM. I guess in true Mongoose fashion they simply quoted the rulebook and didn't really help to clarify.

"In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo."

To me, this quote from them still seems like 9 total. I certainly understand where you are coming from though. Full auto does use lots of ammo IRL. I'm sorry to bother you about this again. I'll inform my players about the decision and if Mongoose releases a clearer statement then we can alter the code at that point.

Thanks for all your work.

Quote Originally Posted by garrion_sw View Post
    Thanks for addressing this MBM. I guess in true Mongoose fashion they simply quoted the rulebook and didn't really help to clarify.

"In this example, you would get three separate attacks, and expend 9 rounds of ammo."

To me, this quote from them still seems like 9 total. I certainly understand where you are coming from though. Full auto does use lots of ammo IRL. I'm sorry to bother you about this again. I'll inform my players about the decision and if Mongoose releases a clearer statement then we can alter the code at that point.

Thanks for all your work.
    Hi Chap,

Yea, no worries.

I've been sent Errata for the Core Rulebook (some based on my own findings) so I'll be applying that to v1.1.2, it doesn't include clarification for the above.

Cheers,
    MBM

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Yea, no worries.

I've been sent Errata for the Core Rulebook (some based on my own findings) so I'll be applying that to v1.1.2, it doesn't include clarification for the above.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hi, can you include the errata separately as well so that we know what is errata and what might be an error?

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi Chap,

Give me an example of what you'd put in it please.

Thanks,
    MBM
    An Imperium Domain is made up of four sectors. The Domain of Deneb consists of the Deneb, The Reft, The Spinward Marches and the Trojan Reaches. Domains are generally run by an Arch Duke. It is the largest division of the Imperium territories.

A field for Domain above Sector would cover it.

Thread Information