STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 7 First ... 23456 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I've debated for awhile if I should bring up the trade system, especially since I've got my own out of FG solution. As it seems to be a project in motion I decided to post some screenshots of my system in hopes that concepts might help with ideas for the trade implementation. Since the trade system that I use is a hybrid of MGT2 (passengers, freight, mail) and T4/T5 (speculative), the speculative would need to change to conform to MGT2. It would probably be easier to do MGT2 speculative trade.

The information that is needed in order to generate trade information:

Attachment 34698

Fortunately, a lot of the above data can be pulled directly from the characters and campaign data.

The output of information after processing:

Attachment 34699

For completion (and to hopefully generate ideas) I am including the speculative trade sales despite it not being MGT2 compliant:

The information that is needed in order to sell speculative trade:

Attachment 34700

The output of information after processing:

Attachment 34701

I hope that this spurs some ideas on a comprehensive trade system for the MGT2 ruleset. It's a lot of coding but having a system like this vastly improves the speed of trade generation.
    Hey Esmdev,

First off, that all looks pretty solid. I have to admit here that Trade in Traveller is not something I've invested much time in, I've tended to write the adventures that dictate the trade shipments, and mostly the cargo to be stolen, rescued or moved for someone. I've got the trade tab working, so gong to create a new thread for it.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

In my face to face traveller games, I have two very long time experienced players, and trade is always something they get heavily involved in. A couple of my VTT players are getting very interested in the trading aspect and run trade as a "game within a game".
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Has this new version been released yet?

Quote Originally Posted by antoneagle View Post
    Has this new version been released yet?
    No, v1.1.0a is the latest that went live a few days ago.

I'm developing v1.1.1 right now, asking for what people want in it, along with what I want in it (to support Central Supply Catalogue when that gets released)

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    I'm developing v1.1.1 right now, asking for what people want in it, along with what I want in it (to support Central Supply Catalogue when that gets released)

Cheers,
    MBM
    I have a small cosmetic request... Could you add on some release newer Decals? For example I would like to be able to have the adventure module that I am playing as default Decal when I activate a module or added as choice. I use to be able to do that with other systems and sometimes it is nice (if it is not a big spoiler ;-) like Mythril! But even there after the encounter it is nice to have on background. If not... then at least add more choices... for example I love the planet background image but it would be nice to have a Gas Giant or different colors for water worlds vs garden ones, etc... Just some cosmetic touch to the background I like. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I have a small cosmetic request... Could you add on some release newer Decals? For example I would like to be able to have the adventure module that I am playing as default Decal when I activate a module or added as choice. I use to be able to do that with other systems and sometimes it is nice (if it is not a big spoiler ;-) like Mythril! But even there after the encounter it is nice to have on background. If not... then at least add more choices... for example I love the planet background image but it would be nice to have a Gas Giant or different colors for water worlds vs garden ones, etc... Just some cosmetic touch to the background I like. Thanks.
    Hey Chap,

Nice idea. Once all the of the Reach Adventures are done, all 6 covers will be added as an extension to all six (easier if I do them in bulk), same goes with both Marches, Referee's Briefing etc.

What I'll do is speak to Mongoose and see what art I can use for a free extension containing more decals for you.

Cheers,
    MBM

MBM i was just checking your Twitter updates and wow I am amazed for all the improvements you did! Can't wait for 1.1.1 to arrive... Please tell me that in the queue is not 40 items away!

Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    MBM i was just checking your Twitter updates and wow I am amazed for all the improvements you did! Can't wait for 1.1.1 to arrive... Please tell me that in the queue is not 40 items away!
    Hi Alfarobl.

It's about a week away I think, I should be doing some CoC stuff, but been wanting to finish this, as I can do that whilst this goes through test.

I need to get working, the single/full auto/burst bonuses on the weapon ammo damage lines. Add the trait so you can modify it on screen (as I can't automate a lot of it) Then make sure that's all working.

Then next up, work on the Trade, get the Freight and Mail options working (need for Thursday for my own game!).

That's it, so v1.1.1 will be a big update again, then onto v1.1.2 which should have effects in, fatigue/unconcious/fire/radiation hopefully

Cheers,
    MBM

Hey sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and i missed it, but when is v1.1.1 expected to be released? I have been stalking your twitter and I can't wait for my players to get their hands on it >.<

Quote Originally Posted by bigrat View Post
    Hey sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and i missed it, but when is v1.1.1 expected to be released? I have been stalking your twitter and I can't wait for my players to get their hands on it >.<
    Hi Chap,

Weapon Ammo work - this is nearly complete, another session should see it done.
    Trade Tab - thinking of just allowing a basic list right now so I can get v.1.1.1 out (one BIG change is enough I think).
    Fix a couple of bugs and allow Craft once again to be dragged onto the Inv List
    Add NPC Init to the NPC sheet (like the PC version but for NPC's)
    Make sure the CT when rolling to hit for creatures checks for the 'Metabolism trait' and applies that as a DM to the roll.

Then we're done.

Cheers,
    MBM
    When, hoping to complete these bits over the weekend, which means should be in TEST for next Tuesday and then LIVE the week after.

Thread Information