STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 7 First 1234 ... Last

Thread: MGT2 v1.1.1

Dakadin is correct. Client side needs to use OOBMessage to fake being a host when attempting a task with the DB. OOBMessage needs to be placed in a global script and all the data pushed into it. That's how I got role changes to work properly in SF Ship Combat on the character sheet.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    Dakadin is correct. Client side needs to use OOBMessage to fake being a host when attempting a task with the DB. OOBMessage needs to be placed in a global script and all the data pushed into it. That's how I got role changes to work properly in SF Ship Combat on the character sheet.
    Hi SupedTeddy57,

Nice. Where in the SF ruleset can I find this please?

Did you work on the SF Ship Combat with Russ so you know how it all works?

I'm after understanding how a ship can be shared amongst playsers.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi SupedTeddy57,

Nice. Where in the SF ruleset can I find this please?

Did you work on the SF Ship Combat with Russ so you know how it all works?

I'm after understanding how a ship can be shared amongst playsers.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Superteddy57 wrote the Starfinder ship combat system for Smiteworks.

As esmdev mentioned I wrote the ship combat inclusion to SFRPG. The OOB messaging example would be located in the ship tab in the character sheet. If you follow the code it gives an example of how it sends the information to the host and then the function runs for the client as if it were the host.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Quote Originally Posted by superteddy57 View Post
    As esmdev mentioned I wrote the ship combat inclusion to SFRPG. The OOB messaging example would be located in the ship tab in the character sheet. If you follow the code it gives an example of how it sends the information to the host and then the function runs for the client as if it were the host.
    Hi Chap,

Ok I'll check the character sheet. The CT itself for Ship Combat isn't that difficult and SFPRG and MGT share a similar method so thanks for the work you did, it'll save me a lot of time.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

QUESTION: Are the Central Supply Catalog items hidden somewhere or does my GM need to load a new module? Trying to create a character right now but only the basic items are avalible.

Quote Originally Posted by philipjenkins View Post
    QUESTION: Are the Central Supply Catalog items hidden somewhere or does my GM need to load a new module? Trying to create a character right now but only the basic items are avalible.
    Hi.

The Central Supply Catalog has not yet been converted to Fantasy Grounds. The last update on the conversion said that it was nearly completed.

There were a number of coding changes to the ruleset in order to make it function. Once it is released it will be available in the FG store and will function like a normal module.

I should add that if you are in a hurry and cannot wait, you can enter most of the items from CSC into the items tab but some might not function as intended until the ruleset is updated to support them.

Quote Originally Posted by esmdev View Post
    I should add that if you are in a hurry and cannot wait, you can enter most of the items from CSC into the items tab but some might not function as intended until the ruleset is updated to support them.
    I've just finished CSC, so it'll go to LordNanoc for his testing.

There are ruleset changes to make some of the items to work properly, this is what v1.1 release line is for, make it good for gear/weapons/armour/other stuff. So v1.2 can be used to get Highguard all working.

Cheers,
    MBM

Request for Worlds modification:

Main Page > Multi-line text box with label 'Extras'

The purpose would be to add information like docking fees, high-port/down-port presence, fuel availability, etc.

For instance:

Glisten has a docking fee of 2000 credits, has a high-port but no real down-port, both refined and unrefined fuel is available at standard cost.

While I could put that into the notes page it is easier to have on the main page. Also I generally put tremendous paragraphs of information in the notes page so it would be nice to be able to have a quick bit of specific info on the main.

Thread Information