FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Just the dozen or so, left, awesome, work
    Ultimate License, Classic & Unity, Currently Running Fortnightly, 5E Land of Fate, 5E Vale of Shadows, 5E Pages of Darkness, 5E Izramurs lingering Gift, 5E Jotunhammer, 5E Terror Loch Tower, 5E Spellbinder, MGT2 Pirates of Drinax, 5E Storm Giants Thunder, 5E Winters Curse, 5E Catacombes of Sunless Sorrows

Good day
    Maybe this is not the topic, but I do not know where to ask.
    I'm trying to automate the build of a High Guard ship, but I've run into some serious content bugs.
    For example:
    Solar Panels are completely copied from MGT1e, and there are completely different mechanics that are not applicable in MGT2e.
    Armoured Bulkheads protect critical areas, but computers and basic sensors do not have tonnage, and accordingly, it is not possible to calculate the price of their reinforcement.
    In addition, there are a lot of errors in the calculation of Hull Points and the cost of ships.
    Has anyone done any work on the bugs?
    On mongoosepublishing.com I didn't find any solutions.

Hi, it sounds as though your questions are more in regards to the High Guard rules rather than the Fantasy Grounds implementation.

If so, it might be best to ask in the Mongoose forums here: https://forum.mongoosepublishing.com...0dd2de561ea137

If I am mistaken, my apologies.

Hey Serge,

As mentioned by Johnecc, it's best you ask on the Mongoose forums, when people ask these questions we do see errata.

Be aware there's a Q&A with Mongoose and myself on the 9th of this month. This is a good question to ask, as oddly High Guard did streamline a number of issues but there are still a few and this makes it difficult to build the Spacecraft Builder. This is something I'm going to have to tackle in the near future.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hey Serge,

As mentioned by Johnecc, it's best you ask on the Mongoose forums, when people ask these questions we do see errata.

Be aware there's a Q&A with Mongoose and myself on the 9th of this month. This is a good question to ask, as oddly High Guard did streamline a number of issues but there are still a few and this makes it difficult to build the Spacecraft Builder. This is something I'm going to have to tackle in the near future.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Hi, MBM
    Mongoosepublishing does not want to register me, for some reason, and the administration does not respond to emails.
    These questions were asked, some back in 2016, but there was no official answer.
    In addition to the 1 in 1 data copied from MGT1 to MGT2 High Guard, many purely mathematical errors were found.
    For example, the Planetoid Monitor 50kt has 25k HP, but this is the amount HP of the Standard hull, and it is Buffered Planetoid (+50%HP) and Reinforced (+10%HP).
    Solar Pulse Generator has no mass.
    The sum of the costs of the systems in the ship's sheet does not converge banally, if you add them all up.
    And so on.
    I'm confused.

In that case, you may wish to join the Q & A that MadBeardMan mentioned, you can find out about it and register here: https://fantasygroundscollege.net/ev...mad-beard-man/

I had problem opening my forum account on Mongoose as well. I eventually got in touch with Matt on the travellerrpg.com website. He said their anti-spam filter was likely the problem and was able to get me setup.

MBM is only able to implement the rules as written for Fantasy Grounds. He's not a Mongoose employee and Mongoose doesn't, to my knowledge, read these forums.

Your best bet for talking directly to Matt is the Q&A (Matt runs Mongoose). He can also be found on travellerrpg.com which is operated by Far Future Enterprises (the owner of all Traveller) but I'm not sure how often he drops by there.

Hi, all!
    I finished the ship's constructor. I did it in Excel (without macros), because I don't know any programming languages.
    You can test it.
    Gray fields - select or fill in. Red font - formulas. Missing data - green font in the tables.
    Maybe this will help someone.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s6U...ew?usp=sharing

I have a question and a couple suggestions if you don't mind!

My question first is, what do I do with the Crew tab? I can't seem to drag my players in to it, or anything. Is there a tutorial or is there just no functionality there yet?

My suggestion: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. I suggest my Travellers should have some on hand before they get hurt just in case.

Hi pheanox!

Quote Originally Posted by pheanox View Post
    I have a question and a couple suggestions if you don't mind!

My question first is, what do I do with the Crew tab? I can't seem to drag my players in to it, or anything. Is there a tutorial or is there just no functionality there yet?
    The SCT and the player Spacecraft record are still works in progress. Once the newest iteration of the planned Spaceship tools is live I will make a video tutorial for sure! For now, check out this thread:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...Tracker-How-To

Quote Originally Posted by pheanox View Post
    My suggestion: In the Notes section for Running Costs, could we split that in to two columns, one for Ship Maintenance, and the other for Life Support? A third column would be good for the monthly mortgage also just to have all that finance information in one place.

Another suggestion I guess (not specific to High Guard), can we get the "Spare Parts" material either in Items or Trade Goods, Travellers purchase this by the ton to fix critical hits. I suggest my Travellers should have some on hand before they get hurt just in case.
    I think this is great. I will make some notes for MBM. Keep the ideas coming! We have a feature request thread stickied here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...eatures-wanted

Thread Information