Summer Sale
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last
  1. #1

    Book 3 - High Guard

    Folks,

    Been carried away these last few nights, i'm about half way through the text conversion for the book.

    When I finish the conversion the Book will contain all the text, all the data and all the spacecraft.

    What would you like as a minimum working in the ruleset for it please. I've tinkered with the Combat Tracker and think a very basic CT will be possible, but I want to know what you expect as you'll have to pay money for Highguard and I wouldn't want you to be unable to 'use' it, if you understand my meaning.

    Btw I posted a sneak peek on my Twitter feed, here it is Highguardsneakpeek.jpg for all those that don't use Twitter.

    Progress on this Book
    Reference Manual: 100% done
    Images: 100% done
    Spacecraft Data: 100% done
    Tokens: 100% done

    Features with versions
    v1.2.0
    Initial Release of High Guard ruleset changes.
    Basic Spacecraft Combat Tracker - Be able to drag NPC ships and PC Ships onto the CT. Init will be manual, phases will work, all actions will be manual
    PC Spacecraft Sheet
    NPC Ships can be converted to PC Ships by Dragging them across from the Spacecraft List to the PC Spacecraft List.

    v1.2.1
    PC Party Sheet - new tab for Craft. Drag the PC Crafts into here, to then be able to link them to Characters.
    NPC/PC Spacecraft Actions Tabs. Create those actions to then work in the Ship CT

    v1.2.2
    Critical Effects in the CT

    Of course, like everything the above is all subject to change, depending on many things.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    Last edited by MadBeardMan; May 28th, 2020 at 15:15. Reason: Upto date info

  2. #2
    Great work, MBM

  3. #3
    I'm more familiar with the little black book version of Traveller but am starting to get into Mongoose 2e. I haven't spent much time in the ruleset yet so I may be off base with some of this.

    I would like to be able to build a ship with drag and drop.

    Once a ship is built I would like to be able to track damage by section and ammo for weapons, weapon range modifiers, RoF, and such.

    I want the relevant crew skills to be linked to character sheets (but manual entry is prob ok too).

    How about cargo? The party sheet is nice, but I would REALLY like to have another group inventory area for ship storage. When adventuring I put loot in the party sheet inventory and then they can fight over it, I can sell it off, etc. But if we also put the ship storage/cargo in there it becomes difficult.

    Again - just off the top of my head without really looking into the ruleset.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnQPublic View Post
    I'm more familiar with the little black book version of Traveller but am starting to get into Mongoose 2e. I haven't spent much time in the ruleset yet so I may be off base with some of this.

    I would like to be able to build a ship with drag and drop.

    Once a ship is built I would like to be able to track damage by section and ammo for weapons, weapon range modifiers, RoF, and such.

    I want the relevant crew skills to be linked to character sheets (but manual entry is prob ok too).

    How about cargo? The party sheet is nice, but I would REALLY like to have another group inventory area for ship storage. When adventuring I put loot in the party sheet inventory and then they can fight over it, I can sell it off, etc. But if we also put the ship storage/cargo in there it becomes difficult.

    Again - just off the top of my head without really looking into the ruleset.
    Hello,

    The Cargo one is a good idea for a start, I was wondering where to put this, but the idea of the Party Sheet with a 'Ship Stores' and 'Cargo' areas should be simple enough.

    At the moment I'm wondering how to allow you to edit/link characters to a spacecraft, it's just a data item so need to see how Starfinder works and see what's possible.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  5. #5
    You can also check Star Wars Ruleset they have some basic support for starships that you can see on your charsheet linked to it.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    You can also check Star Wars Ruleset they have some basic support for starships that you can see on your charsheet linked to it.
    Hi,

    You got a link to which ruleset as there are at least 4 SW rulesets.

    Cheers,
    MBM

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by MadBeardMan View Post
    Hi,

    You got a link to which ruleset as there are at least 4 SW rulesets.

    Cheers,
    MBM
    I only am aware of two versions... the original Star Wars ruleset (not CoreRPG based) and the new one CoreRPG compatible using Genesys:

    ORIGINAL STARWARS
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset

    GENESYS/STARWARS CoreRPG
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress

  8. #8
    I understand there's also a Saga edition one, but I don't know if it's core based.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by alfarobl View Post
    I only am aware of two versions... the original Star Wars ruleset (not CoreRPG based) and the new one CoreRPG compatible using Genesys:

    ORIGINAL STARWARS
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...iny-v2-ruleset

    GENESYS/STARWARS CoreRPG
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...rk-in-progress
    Hi Chap,

    Thanks - if you go to the Wiki - Community rulesets shows the 4 I mentioned, so which of the two you linked is the one you want me to look into for linking PC's to Ships

    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

    Cheers,
    MBM

  10. #10
    I was talking about FFG new system. You can check both to see how the Dice Pool tool works... I believe that they do send the dice to the master for him to validate the roll. And regarding the ships inside the charsheet the first one does it. The new Genesys one probably not yet but code might be inside as it is a port of the first one but revised and modified to work with new CoreRPG. So it might have easier code? Good luck and hope it helps!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre

Log in

Log in