DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Stories Duplicating

Running 5E Ruleset
    As my campaign doesnt use the Modules as released, I have been making changes to story etc, but to try keep integrity of original module i have copied the bits i am changing.

So I made a new group for my part of the story
    I copied the section of LMOP I wanted to change and them moved the copies into that group.
    Ive then edited those copies.

Ive gone back into some of the stories including the LMOP ones and noticed duplication of the data. worst was 10 copies of the data.

Is this a known issue.

I havent kept a complete eye on the lock state of the sections, but I know some of them are unlocked.

Ive attached a screen shot, as you can see the story is starting over, and if you look at the right hand scroll bar its right at the top, so there are many more copies.
    duplicating stories.JPG

I've seen this as well. I make quick translations of text bubbles and I've had these modified stories double in size after an update. That's a different behavior than with classic.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

It may be related to or the same as this issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-story-entries

It's since been fixed, but you'll need to manually clean up any stories that have duplicated content.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecks View Post
    It may be related to or the same as this issue: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...-story-entries

It's since been fixed, but you'll need to manually clean up any stories that have duplicated content.
    Intriguing. In my case, I did not import story content from FGC to FGU. Only the party characters were created in FGC and then imported to FGU.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

It happened for any edited module formatted text values between alpha/beta, until I released the fix on March 20. You can do a Revert on the module, and it will revert back to the original state but will lose the edits. Otherwise, they'll need to be cleaned up manually.

Regards,
    JPG

ok Thanks for that update, Its pretty easy to delete duplicated content as i find it. Good to hear its fixed.

Thread Information