5E Character Create Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP - Tomb of Annihilation (8 pm Friday Nights GMT+8)

TOMB OF ANNIHILATION

Time Zone: GMT+8
    License: FG Ultimate (Classic) - Players only need the demo version to join
    Day of week and time: Every Friday 8pm
    Planned start date: April 17 (Session zero can happen beforehand though)
    Planned Duration & Frequency: The game will run 3 hours every Friday night.
    Long Term Game: Would like to finish the module. So

Text or Voice: Both
    Voice software used: Discord
    Additional software required: Hamachi (can't get port forwarding to work)
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50-50. I love roleplay and combat equally.
    Number of Players in game & needed: Would love to have 4 players.
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 2 (Standard array PLUS roll 1d6 and distribute to any of your stats)
    Character restrictions: You can use any published WOTC material except Unearthed Arcana (unofficial), Eberron (different setting) and Wildemount (different setting).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The talk of the streets and taverns has all been about the so-called death curse: a wasting disease afflicting everyone who's ever been raised from the dead. Victims grow thinner and weaker each day, slowly but steadily sliding toward the death they once denied.

When they finally succumb, they can't be raised-and neither can anyone else, regardless of whether they've ever received that miracle in the past. Temples and scholars of divine magic are at a loss to explain a curse that has affected the entire region, and possibly the entire world.

The cause is a necromantic artifact called the Soulmonger, which is located somewhere in Chult, a mysterious peninsula far to the south, ringed with mountains and choked with rain forests.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey there!

I'd like to invite you to game with me into the Jungles of Chult to find the source of the Death Curse (and hopefully stop it). This will be my first game as a DM here in Fantasy Grounds but I've DMed many a pen-and-paper games. Been playing since the early 90's (D&D Basic Set, AD&D, 3.0, 3.5, 4th and now 5e). I've added a lot of extra quests and goodies into this game so it wouldn't just be a run-of-the-mill ToA game (i.e. Dungeon Magazine content). I unfortunately can't get my port forwarding to work so players would have to install Hamachi (unless somebody can help me fix my port forwarding).

So, hope to hear from you guys soon and stay safe!

Hey I'd love to join! I'm GMT +5 so the time is perfect for me. Haven't played a game in FG yet, but I'm a quick learner.
    ------------

I'd like to play a Paladin or Cleric, leaning into being a good adventurer that wants to inspect the curse. Maybe a Researcher(Sage) that wants to investigate more, or similarly on a holy quest as a Paladin. I am drawn to combat and exploration, but still enjoy the roleplay element of my character and want to improve that skill.

I'm a laid-back, friendly guy and I love the social aspect of D&D - working together to explore worlds is a lot of fun.
    Last edited by gogi; April 1st, 2020 at 11:30.

Hi my name is Dusty, I'm a 28 yr old Male form Cape Town South Africa. (I speak first language english fyi) I'm on GMT +2, so games will start midday for me and I work freelance so the timing is really perfect for me.

I've been playing for around 2 years, and DM'd roughly half of the time

A little about yourself: I like storytelling and immersing in characters and worlds. I'm a laid back guy, I like making bread and skateboarding, I studied architecture. I live in Cape Town South Africa (I noted the time of the games and would be happy to get up early to play, I'm usually up early to make bread anywas)

Character Concept:
    I have a character in mind that I developed from an NPC from a game I was running in Princes of Apocalypse.
    I would like to multiclass them as a druid/monk. The story being that they were rescued from a necromancers cave at a young age, and raised by the townspeople nearby, but nobody knows their origins. They would enter the adventure as relatively young (for an elf) I'll start with Monk and multiclass along the way. I have thought about this character for a while, and so have a good idea of how to manage them and I'm willing to do the hard work re: multiclassing, having said that I am also flexible and top goal is having the character fit into the world & story. I've got more ideas and character development but wont bore you all with it here.

Let me know if you're interested in me!
    Thanks

Hey Gogi, Dusty and Cory!

I'd be happy to have you three. I'm okay with all your character concepts as long is that is what you want to play. Let me know when you guys are free so we can meet up and have a session zero. Let's also wait for one more player and then we're good to go.

Awesome. I am pretty available, the game slot time is good. Tomorrow we might not have another, and since it's a few weeks I'm good to wait if we don't.

I might be interested if the time works out. GMT+8 means 2 pm MST (us time zone, GMT -6)?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Warbaby View Post
    I might be interested if the time works out. GMT+8 means 2 pm MST (us time zone, GMT -6)?
    No I think 6am, this is a good tool for checking.

Thanks for the invite I'm super excited.
    I just had a question or two, since I'm a newb to online play, what's hamachi?

Quote Originally Posted by 0richimar0 View Post
    Thanks for the invite I'm super excited.
    I just had a question or two, since I'm a newb to online play, what's hamachi?
    Hamachi simply makes a private network between me and you (the players). Normally we shouldn't need this but to connect with each other in Fantasy Grounds but my ISP doesn't allow me to do so. Hamachi circumvents this restriction. You can download Hamachi at https://www.vpn.net/

Guys. We can meet-up at game time tonight (unless my wife uses the computer ) to test out our connection (Hamachi) and make characters. My discord ID is fbonggo#3143.

Looks like you already have your players, but I'd be more than keen also.

Thread Information