DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Players can't load occupations in CoC 7th edition

Pretty much what the title says. I set it up so they can, but it doesn't carry over to their screens. We found a work around for it, but I'd like to figure out how to make it work as intended.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NightfallRob View Post
    Pretty much what the title says. I set it up so they can, but it doesn't carry over to their screens. We found a work around for it, but I'd like to figure out how to make it work as intended.
    Welcome NightfallRob

FGU or FGC?
    Can you be a bit more specific about what you are doing?
    I believe you are saying that the players cannot see the Occupations in the Occupations campaign list?
    If so the players will need to activate the CoC7E reference (I think its called that - Im at work and cant check) or the Investigators Handbook if you have that.
    This will populate the list for the players.

If you are on FGU and using the lobby then you may have to post the issue in one of the FGU threads about Player Libraries not downloading.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Welcome NightfallRob

FGU or FGC?
    Can you be a bit more specific about what you are doing?
    I believe you are saying that the players cannot see the Occupations in the Occupations campaign list?
    If so the players will need to activate the CoC7E reference (I think its called that - Im at work and cant check) or the Investigators Handbook if you have that.
    This will populate the list for the players.

If you are on FGU and using the lobby then you may have to post the issue in one of the FGU threads about Player Libraries not downloading.
    Thanks for the information. I've been activating the information to be available on my side, but I don't think they have on theirs (largely because I didn't know they needed to). I'll try this and get back to you with how it works.

As an aside - a great way for the GM to learn the differences between what they see and can do, and what the players see and can do is to launch another instance of FG on the same computer as the GM instance and "Join Game" with a server name of localhost

I found this invaluable when I was learning FG and had the second instance running when playing a game so I could see exactly what the players could see, what data they could access, etc. - it can be quite different from the GM!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information