5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Classic or Unity

Hi,

As a newbie I have signed up to Unity. I am not sure if I have actually done the right thing. Is there anything I am missing out on (FOMO) by going straight to Unity, rather than starting with Classic?

Thanks

Gareth

Unity will have more support going forward, but classic is better for play right now. Classic is stable, but Unity has some added features like a map tool and LOS. Unity has not been optimized and seems to be a resource hog right now. Classic provides a better play experience, right now, but is missing some bells and whistles. A decision on which to buy would probably come down to how often you plan on using the program. For a weekly 2-3 hr game, I would go with classic to make sure bugs didn't eat into playing time. For monthly 3-5 hr sessions, I would go with unity knowing there might be times during the session everyone would need to log off and back on.

Thank you :-)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearMonkey View Post
    Unity will have more support going forward, but classic is better for play right now. Classic is stable, but Unity has some added features like a map tool and LOS. Unity has not been optimized and seems to be a resource hog right now. Classic provides a better play experience, right now, but is missing some bells and whistles. A decision on which to buy would probably come down to how often you plan on using the program. For a weekly 2-3 hr game, I would go with classic to make sure bugs didn't eat into playing time. For monthly 3-5 hr sessions, I would go with unity knowing there might be times during the session everyone would need to log off and back on.

I've switched my three 4 hours per week sessions to Unity. So far so good. Note that we use the direct connect, not the cloud features.
    5E DM, Player, FG conversions, learning LUA, engineer, geek, Ultimate License, Unity Supporter.

DMs Guild Creator

Thread Information