DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Thread: Dual-Classes

Dual-Classes

Since the Gamemaster's Guide came out with the Dual-Class option, my players all have big eye excitement about using it. So, I'm wondering if the current PF2 ruleset in FG has the capability to create Dual-Class classes? And has anyone tried to tackle Dual-Classes in FG (with some example info, if so)?

Also, for the developers, will Dual-Class options be built in (or a means to make them) when the GM's Guide is finally available in FG?

Thanks

We'll look into what we can realistically do around this in the ruleset when we release GMG. I would imagine it will still be pretty manual a lot of the process.

To do this in the ruleset now is possible but requires some manual editing of the class levels before you drag/drop a new class to the charsheet.

There are a number of things to keep in mind based off the guidelines in the GMG - primarily that you take the best of most things (proficiency, HP, etc.) whereas other things do apply new abilities. So always be fully aware of what actually happens.

A few things to note:
    • Drag/drop of a second class will override the same data populated from the first class. HP and armor proficiency are currently the main ones.
    • When you start your character decide on the classes you want and check which one has the most HP per level - this should be the second one you apply at level "0" - so that that FG HP class value is populated correctly.
    • When you drag/drop a class to a PC it looks at the current "Total level" of that PC and applies the class features for the next new level. For example, if your total level is 4, it'll apply the 4th level class features.
    • You can see the Total level and individual class levels in the "Class & Level" subwindow - click the magnifying glass next to the "Class & Level" entry on the main tab of the PC sheet.
    • When adding a new class level, before draggng and dropping the class, make sure that the total level is one below the level you'll be adding - 0 for level 1, 1 for level 2, etc.. To do this, manually change one of the levels of the individual class entry to make sure the total level field is accurate. The individual class entry level fields aren't used for anything, so it's OK to change them.

So, for example, if we're going to dual-class a Fighter/Wizard, we'll do the following:

1. Add the class with the lowest HP per level first - so add Wizard.
    2. Do any ability, feat, etc. entries for the wizard - don't do proficiencies yet.
    3. Open the "Class & Level" subwindow and change the Wizard level to level 0, so that the Total level shows 0.
    4. Drag/drop the fighter class to the PC sheet, the data will be populated for a fighter at level 1, overwriting any info populated in the same fields as the wizard.
    5. Apply feats etc. specific to the fighter class.
    6. Go through the PC and set the proficiencies etc. to the best value across the two classes.

When we want to add level 2, do the following:
    1. Add one of the classes and set the added abilities/feats, etc.
    2. Before adding the second class, reduce the level of one of the classes in the the "Class & Level" subwindow, so that the total level is 1.
    3. Drag/drop the other class and set abilities/feats etc..
    4. Modify any proficiency info to the best for the two classes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Yeah my group will be sticking with the Archtype of multi-classing. It whole dual class thing seems a bit too loose for me and not as well thought out.
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by Willot View Post
    It whole dual class thing seems a bit too loose for me and not as well thought out.
    Yeah, it's not really what we'd think of dual/multi classes from PF1. It's pretty much making a "gestalt" PC - https://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/c...Characters.htm
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks for the responses. I started to create a new Dual-Class to see what I could do. At random I chose Fighter and Rogue. I made a new class called Fighter/Rogue, then I opened the class stat blocks for each of the original classes and the new class. Then I went through the stats using the highest of either (per the GMG) and copied those into the new class.

Then I started working on the feature list, again looking at the feature list of both original classes and adding what was allowed from both original classes to the new class. I only did it at level 1 for a test, but it seemed work. Now, creating a PC, I can drag the new class (Fighter/Rogue) into the tracker and it pulled all the features I added (from the original classes) and had the correct info from the stat block (hit points, proficiencies, etc.). However, I had to manually add/create duplicates of the features which would take a lot of time to add them all to level 20.

Is there any way to make the class window drag and drop in the features area? That would save a ton of time in making dual-classes because you could drag the features from the single classes to the new dual-class.

Quote Originally Posted by Swifty0x0 View Post
    Is there any way to make the class window drag and drop in the features area? That would save a ton of time in making dual-classes because you could drag the features from the single classes to the new dual-class.
    Added to the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Added to the next release.
    THANKS! That's a great upgrade. Plus, it might give you a head start for that part of the GMG in FG.

Thread Information