DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Creating Custom Clans

How hard is it to create a custom clan or discipline in the ruleset? As I am looking to migrate my game to FG but we have Lasombra in the mix for example.

Very easy to do. Right now there are a few minor bugs being worked out i think with which object can be locked or deleted, but very easy to create.
    i3ullseye

~ You're pretty good, but me? I'm magic!

Ultimate License holder

Custom Clan is easy to make. Same with Disciplines and powers. If you are looking to make the powers for a Discipline, the button to bring up that menu is on the Discipline menu. Same with Rituals.

Have trouble locking the custom clan's main selection page (cannot target the lock to use it) and unable to change the clan name if going to another portion of that window before or after putting some text in for the clan name. Once you put in a name, make sure it is what you want before going to edit another part of the page.

It is simple to create a new clan in game.

As advised elsewhere in the forum, it is best to create in a game with no players in it. After creating everything you want to include, simply export it as a new module, that you can load into any game. When you export clans you can make them read only, so they are essentially locked. I have already input all of the expanded V5 clans, disciplines/powers/ceremonies, and lore sheets without any major issues.

I haven't had the problem of not being able to change the clan name after creating it...

You are welcome Vinski.

I've been trying to find clan symbols that closely match the pre loaded clans in the corebook, has anyone found any good ones?

Quote Originally Posted by Grutmiesh View Post
    I've been trying to find clan symbols that closely match the pre loaded clans in the corebook, has anyone found any good ones?
    I've used the ones from the white wolf wiki (not sure if I can post the link) when I've incorporated new clans.

I’ve converted the images that I wanted to use for the clans to JPEGs and uploaded them to my campaign but when I try to use them for my new clan it won’t use the image. I tried the preloaded images and they worked out fine. Has anyone else had issues doing this or am I doing something wrong?
    Last edited by Grutmiesh; May 5th, 2021 at 14:14.

Hey Grutmiesh,
    For clan symbols try using png file type, put them in the token folder for whichever version of Fantasy Grounds you are using. If using Classic you will need to restart to see the new tokens, in Unity make sure to refresh the folder in order to see your new tokens.
    Last edited by Fear Grounds; May 5th, 2021 at 16:35. Reason: Clarification

Thread Information