DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Oh, we answered at the same time I directly answered immediately before mhossom's answer (thanks for the help ) Just in case my answer got overseen due to posts posted at the same time

Just short summary again: The remove effect extension seemingly does not cater square bracket stuff [...] of effects you may want to report it there, but not sure whether the developer still updates their extension

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    Oh, we answered at the same time I directly answered immediately before mhossom's answer (thanks for the help ) Just in case my answer got overseen due to posts posted at the same time

Just short summary again: The remove effect extension seemingly does not cater square bracket stuff [...] of effects you may want to report it there, but not sure whether the developer still updates their extension
    Yeah, I saw it. Posted to the relevant extension thread.

I have a question that is tangentially related. Have you, by chance, ever added in a tag similar to the LVL one that currently exist but instead is for CL (and its derivation of CL3 as I assume H[CL] would somewhat work for even/odd CL) that could be used in an effect line? Use case would be spell effects that are caster level dependent but are not tied to duration or damage. In the OP's post he mentions ray of enfeeblement. It imposes a penalty to STR of 1d6+1 per two caster levels. So something like STR: -1d6-H[CL] would sort of do the trick. Now it has a cap of (1d6+5) to the penalty and I am not sure how or if that could accounted for.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Yeah, I saw it. Posted to the relevant extension thread.

I have a question that is tangentially related. Have you, by chance, ever added in a tag similar to the LVL one that currently exist but instead is for CL (and its derivation of CL3 as I assume H[CL] would somewhat work for even/odd CL) that could be used in an effect line? Use case would be spell effects that are caster level dependent but are not tied to duration or damage. In the OP's post he mentions ray of enfeeblement. It imposes a penalty to STR of 1d6+1 per two caster levels. So something like STR: -1d6-H[CL] would sort of do the trick. Now it has a cap of (1d6+5) to the penalty and I am not sure how or if that could accounted for.
    The tag [CL] does already exist in the native code and you'd need [-HCL], but the problem is that two tags in square brackets can't be combined in one effect. So, rather try: STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL] That should do the trick, I think (but the max mod of -5 can't be coded, For levels >= 10 one simply should then use STR: [-1d6-5])

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    The tag [CL] does already exist in the native code and you'd need [-HCL], but the problem is that two tags in square brackets can't be combined in one effect. So, rather try: STR: [-1d6]; STR: [-HCL] That should do the trick, I think (but the max mod of -5 can't be coded, For levels >= 10 one simply should then use STR: [-1d6-5])
    Yeah that works. I know it seems like a trivial thing. But about half my players are new to RPGs (and computers to a lesser extent) and I (as the GM) end up maintaining and updating their characters for them for the most part. The more stuff I can make "fire and forget" so to speak the easier it is on my sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    Yeah that works. I know it seems like a trivial thing. But about half my players are new to RPGs (and computers to a lesser extent) and I (as the GM) end up maintaining and updating their characters for them for the most part. The more stuff I can make "fire and forget" so to speak the easier it is on my sanity.
    Ah, I understand Gladly, it works

Thread Information