FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Mac Vs Windows

Mac Vs Windows

So, I am a windows guy and have been using FG with windows for years. However, I recently got a Mac Mini and was thinking of trying to host a game with FGU on it.

1) Does anyone know if it runs better or worse on the mac?
    2) Does anyone have a pref either way?

Thanks!

Gabe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by arcanjl View Post
    So, I am a windows guy and have been using FG with windows for years. However, I recently got a Mac Mini and was thinking of trying to host a game with FGU on it.

1) Does anyone know if it runs better or worse on the mac?
    2) Does anyone have a pref either way?

Thanks!

Gabe
    Performance on the Mac should be comparable with computers that have similar specs. Since the Mac Minis use integrated Intel graphics hardware. That is where you are mostly likely to see difference in performance.

So in summary, my pc *should run the software better because I have an AMD Radeon 7?

The Mac mini (other than external video card) is pretty close, i7, ssd, and 32g of ram.

If you're looking for one reason to not use a MAC, if you ever plan to use Syrinscape it doesn't support url calls which makes for a mess on a MAC because you'll have to throw it through a browser and it'll open up tons of browser tabs.

If you never have any plans on using Syrinscape for audio in your FG games then... well not a con then.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    So in summary, my pc *should run the software better because I have an AMD Radeon 7?

The Mac mini (other than external video card) is pretty close, i7, ssd, and 32g of ram.
    The best answer I have at the moment is "probably." If you see a noticeable difference in performance, it would be when viewing images. If you give it a go, I'd be curious to hear the results.

Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    If you're looking for one reason to not use a MAC, if you ever plan to use Syrinscape it doesn't support url calls which makes for a mess on a MAC because you'll have to throw it through a browser and it'll open up tons of browser tabs.

If you never have any plans on using Syrinscape for audio in your FG games then... well not a con then.
    Wow!! Good to know. I use the heck out of it! thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pindercarl View Post
    The best answer I have at the moment is "probably." If you see a noticeable difference in performance, it would be when viewing images. If you give it a go, I'd be curious to hear the results.
    I could load it up just to test if you want me to.

Blog Entries
    Wow!! Good to know. I use the heck out of it! thanks

I could load it up just to test if you want me to.
    Thanks, it would be great to have some benchmarks.

For using syrinscape and the Mac use this bridge app from Nemesismmx. It has worked well for me to pass along any calls from FG right to the online player and there is no need for it to open a web browser with multiple tabs. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post476778

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the video. Looks like the Mac might be running a little faster.

Thread Information