DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Noob Question about Adding Feats

Hello,

Am new to Fantasy Grounds and have a (hopefully) quick question... I am trialing everything before running my first Pathfinder-via-FantasyGrounds campaign later this week (thanks coronavirus)... When leveling a character in Pathfinder, you should be earning an extra feats at various rates depending on your race/class/etc. - When adding the levels, where/how are we prompted to add this and/or is there a tally on how many feats we need to add (similar to skill points)? Or is it on us to know that we need to add it on leveling?

Also - I think I know the answer to this - Does the system know to look for prerequisites with the feats (i.e. level, ability score, prerequisite feat, etc.)?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Terenn View Post
    Hello,

Am new to Fantasy Grounds and have a (hopefully) quick question... I am trialing everything before running my first Pathfinder-via-FantasyGrounds campaign later this week (thanks coronavirus)... When leveling a character in Pathfinder, you should be earning an extra feats at various rates depending on your race/class/etc. - When adding the levels, where/how are we prompted to add this and/or is there a tally on how many feats we need to add (similar to skill points)? Or is it on us to know that we need to add it on leveling?

Also - I think I know the answer to this - Does the system know to look for prerequisites with the feats (i.e. level, ability score, prerequisite feat, etc.)?

Thanks!
    Hi and welcome

This is something you have to remember, also whether the prerequisites are met/satisified (one could add the number of feats gained in the features of a class by editing the classes in FG but that would get problematic when one starts multiclassing since the progression of feats depends on the HD rather than the class level)

Just drag&drop the feats onto the corresponding place in the sheet or add it directly there and make the adjustments implied by a feat

Also, being new to FGU, it looks like you have to remember to add the modifier to dice rolls (e.g., point blank shot gives +1 within 30') as I did not see that happen when a PC had the feat. Correct, or am I missing some feature that automates this?

For feats like that, it is suggested you use effects. So for something like PBS, you just have to create an effect similar to the following: "Point-Blank Shot; ATK: 1 ranged; DMG: 1 ranged" You can then toggle it on and off as needed and as the requirements are met. There should be a module of the basic effects stickied to this forum.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

Thanks. I found the reference in the Wiki but wish it had a bit more detail and many more examples especially for spells. However, at least understand the fundamentals and can play with getting the format correct.

Thread Information