5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    The players I have in unity can't see the maps I drop on them at all. It has ruined my game so far...a horrible playing experience at best!

Do they have lights?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by magnus1 View Post
    The players I have in unity can't see the maps I drop on them at all. It has ruined my game so far...a horrible playing experience at best!
    We are going to need more info in order to help. If you can't get on the FG or FGC discord servers for help, we will at least need screen shots from the GM and player plus logs. There is some step or setting that needs to be corrected, but at this point we are just guessing without more info.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Related, but possibly different issue: One thing that I’ve noticed is the fog of war for areas that are without light AND are not near the PCs’ tokens does seem to be quite dark. Not sure what some of my players’ setups are, but I notice it when I’m previewing player vision as GM.

Is there a way to adjust how dark the fog of war is?

There isn't a way to adjust the Fog of War colour. It's meant to be dark grey as in my image below - is this not what you are seeing?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    No light? Out of range of vision? Then shouldn't players see nothing?

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    There isn't a way to adjust the Fog of War colour. It's meant to be dark grey as in my image below - is this not what you are seeing?
    That’s what I’m seeing. I have pretty terrible eyes, so maybe it’s just me, but against the black background of the map, the dark gray makes the previous areas pretty tough to spot. My players had issues, for instance, knowing where exactly they were able to go in the middle of a fight—their allies had gone down another corridor that they weren’t able to easily see in the corridor they were in, so they weren’t really sure where they could move. It was a darker-colored map to begin with which didn’t help either.

Relatively minor, but some sort of slider to adjust just how “foggy” the fog of war is might be a nice enhancement.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    No light? Out of range of vision? Then shouldn't players see nothing?
    And some of this works well in terms of immersion, I certainly can see that point. It’s just hard for them to even know where the places that they had already explored were because it was just quite that dark.

Blog Entries
    Oh, ok. Previously explored versus unexplored. Now I get it.

I know the devs have played with this. It's a challenge because they have bright light, dim, dark vision, fog, etc that we want all to be distinctly different, yet only so much visible spectrum. To work with.

Check out the wish list in Mr Zs signature. Idea might be there already, if not you can add it.

My issue feels kindof similar to this one, so I'll post it here:

I have been making this map, and set up LOS on it, and the LOS works the way I expect, which is great. Weirdly though, there is one particular set of items that appear to the player as really really very dark grey when it is supposed to be light colored wood. The weird thing is that other items that are also wood are showing up as the proper color. I am attaching images to show you how it looks when I am seeing the map in edit mode, then how it looks when I am in edit mode with the LOS tab selected (so you can see what LOS stuff there is in that part of the map) then another image of how it looks to the player, and then another image of the "Actions" pannel in play mode so you can see what settings I have on. I have not used masks nor have I used any light source functionalities.

Also, the map is a bunch of duplicated trees with wooden platforms around them, and the wooden platform is the only thing in the entire map that this is happening to (but it's happening with all instances of it on the map). I tried using a different image to paint a new wooden platform thinking that maybe the problem was with that specific wood, but no matter what kind of wood I tried painting with, I see this exact same issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In edit mode
    Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.32.33 AM.png

In edit mode in LOS tab
    Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.33.03 AM.png

What player sees
    Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.33.48 AM.png

Actions pannel
    Screen Shot 2023-01-02 at 11.33.56 AM.png

Thread Information