DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Surely there's something I'm missing. Maps are dark when LOS is turned on...

I would love to use LoS. Migrated my campaign over and started drawing walls and doors in a very small area.

But when LoS is turned ON, the players cannot even see the room they are in, much less through doors. The GM view shows the LOS "cones" and the unmasked rooms, but the player's screen is completely black.

How can I get it so the players can see?? I know I can turn LoS off and just use masks like I did in FGC, but... I want LoS?!

Not asking for dynamic lighting right now... just light.

Thanks! Have a session tonight, would love to get past this...

You have to put the player token into the room on the map. Have you done that?

Do you have the mask turned on? LOS only works in areas that are unmasked. Also, on the player client, the LOS cones don't show until the token is selected by the player.

>You have to put the player token into the room on the map. Have you done that?

The tokens were already in the room, in fact the players can move them but the walls prevent movement, so I was pretty sure they are considered "on the map" but...

I removed them and re-placed them from the Combat Tracker and now they are ... better? They were apparently "copies" but not linked to the players.

Thanks for the hint!!!

Ok, still a bit odd way of working, but at least it's better.

The room is still completely dark on the client... until you click a player, and then the room comes into view.

So, combination of two things... I had "dead" tokens on the screen that weren't really attached to the players... and when no player is selected, the entire map is black.

Again, thanks!

By default, players will only see LoS for tokens they own (i.e. they own the PC record, the PC record has been added to CT, and the token dragged from CT to map). (i.e. personal view)
    Players can also view other friendly token LoS, but must select them to see their LoS. (i.e. party view)

Regards,
    JPG

ok, question when I try to drag a character token on the map the token is grey out. what am I missing there?
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    ok, question when I try to drag a character token on the map the token is grey out. what am I missing there?
    My problem was that the icons were not the "real" players...

Grab the token from the combat tracker and drag it to the map... that's what fixed it for me. The other tokens weren't really "attached" to the players, so I just deleted them.

You may have already gotten this figured out as it was a couple months back now, but in case anyone else runs into this here's what I did.

For one of my campaigns I run I use FG on my laptop and a second instance of FG connected as a player showing on a flat TV in the middle of the table. We use this for maps and to display stuff. The problem I was having was that I could select a token for a player and we'd see their vision. Then for the next player, if we didn't know where they were we couldn't select their token to have their vision. We couldn't even see the token. Hard to pick a token randomly in the dark so that you can select their vision. I'm hoping the interface might be updated at some point to fix this issue.

Anyways in the Options in the Token section change Party vision and movement to On. This lets you see the tokens even when they are in pitch black. Once they are selected, then you get their vision. Hope this helps.

@Midknyte
    Token vision is a toggle. Click the token to turn it on for that token. Click it again to turn it off for that token. You should then be able to see the other token(s) to select.
    --
    I'm so bassic

Thread Information