Starfinder Playlist

How I fixed "Acquiring File List" problem.

Hello, I thought I'd share my fix for the "Acquiring File List" endless hang without using Port Forwarding.

I am a newbie and new to FG so I probably won't be able to answer some of the more specific questions but I thought I'd share my fix here. Two nights ago my wife and I downloaded FGU for the first time and could connect, but after the latest rounds of updates we were unable to connect due to the file list error. The problem ended up being Windows Firewall, despite us having Avast and despite it working just two days ago.

Here's what we did to fix it. (Or maybe the good folks at FG have solved the problem on their end another way and this was just coincidence, but this worked for us after testing on multiple machines.)

1) Disable firewall shields (Avast) for 10 minutes. For other AV programs, the process is likely the same.
    2) Have the DM start a new Hosted game. After a bit Windows Firewall will produce a dialog box asking for permission, allow this permission.
    2B) Do the same two steps above for anyone attempting to connect to the Host.
    3) Once the server is loaded, connect to the Host server. The "Acquiring File List" will hang for 20-30 seconds, then the game will load.
    4) Re-enable shields on your AV. Problem is solved. (At least for us.)

Hope this helps others.

Best Regards,
    AJD
    Last edited by Diffus3d; March 29th, 2020 at 04:38.

I sure hope it helps someone.

None of this worked for me. Can't use FG Classic because of the stupid Comcast port forwarding issues (I posted my information on the Connections Explained thread). Tried FG Unity. Was able to set up and host a campaign on my primary laptop. I can join and connect from another laptop / account, but get stuck on Acquiring File List. Same for my players. So, right now I have over $300 in investment in FG and have yet to be able to host a game.

We apologize for your frustration, while we work through the issues in FGU during the Early Access period. I'm actually investigating the connection issues (along with some related issues) this week.

Can you provide the files I ask for in this thread?
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...hat-To-Provide

Thanks,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bking83485 View Post
    None of this worked for me. Can't use FG Classic because of the stupid Comcast port forwarding issues (I posted my information on the Connections Explained thread). Tried FG Unity. Was able to set up and host a campaign on my primary laptop. I can join and connect from another laptop / account, but get stuck on Acquiring File List. Same for my players. So, right now I have over $300 in investment in FG and have yet to be able to host a game.
    If you would like me to have a look at your comcast issue with you remotely send me your email via PM.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    If you would like me to have a look at your comcast issue with you remotely send me your email via PM.
    Thank you for the offer. I finally got up and running on FGC with use of ZeroTier VPN. Fine for now, but may reach out if I encounter problems again. Appreciate the help.

Blog Entries
    You might - if your players have some patience left look at testing the new build.

There was a new networking update released.
    Everyone in your group should update to the newest build 2020-04-04
    If your FGU doesnt show that after updating you might have to uninstall and reinstall again from a new webinstaller.
    So long as you havent pointed your Data and Program files at the same folder manually that should be safe to do.

Thread Information