STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruanon View Post
    I am having this exact same issue! Could not reliably recreate the issue. Like you, a week ago the team was running successful campaigns, now we have people not wanting to play.
    Can you please have everyone uninstall and download a fresh installer.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Can you please have everyone uninstall and download a fresh installer.
    FWIW, we did that across the board and still had issues, crashing the GM MacOS machine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BeefMcMac View Post
    FWIW, we did that across the board and still had issues, crashing the GM MacOS machine.
    Ok, can you please provide more details such as; O/S version? Does the GM crash when they start FG or just after the second person connects or?Does 'crash' means FGU exits or the computer reboots or? What do the FG logs say on the GM's machine? What about the logs on a player machine?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Sure - MacOS 10.15.3 (2018 Mac Mini, 6core i7, 64GB Ram), GM client locks up with spinning wheel of death, spiking CPU and memory, and no recovery of app without forced quit. Attempting to re-start app and go again yields same problem. happens with first 1 or 2 clients trying to log in from over Internet and LAN users alike. Link earlier in thread (my first reply) included Dropbox link to my machine (GM) but unable to retrieve from remote machines. Players get as far as to see "Acquiring file list" replaced with blank beginning to tabletop before my end gives up and the app crashes.

Assuming my issue is the same, I had players try to join a new game with no modules and the exact same thing happened.

Oh, and it froze with just one player connecting.

Tried this scenario on my 2015 MacBook Pro (latest Catalina), and the windows 10 PC.
    Last edited by lashiel; March 29th, 2020 at 05:00.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lashiel View Post
    Assuming my issue is the same, I had players try to join a new game with no modules and the exact same thing happened.
    can you try the link in post above yours?

can you try the link in post above yours?
    The acquiring file list one? All players are able to successfully join the game (although in different attempts since it freezes and won't let anyone else in after 1 to 2 people). It seems to lock up once someone tries to load a character sheet.

Also for most of my attempts I was on a Mac, so certainly no windows firewall, but also no other firewalls of any kind.

No firewall on the windows PC either

I had a couple players with the acquiring file list issue on Wednesday, but I believe that was because I had forgotten to update my own client and the two players who had updated were the ones who couldn't connect with that error message. Getting everyone to update to the latest version today at least solved that issue.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lashiel View Post
    The acquiring file list one? All players are able to successfully join the game (although in different attempts since it freezes and won't let anyone else in after 1 to 2 people). It seems to lock up once someone tries to load a character sheet.

Also for most of my attempts I was on a Mac, so certainly no windows firewall, but also no other firewalls of any kind.

No firewall on the windows PC either

I had a couple players with the acquiring file list issue on Wednesday, but I believe that was because I had forgotten to update my own client and the two players who had updated were the ones who couldn't connect with that error message. Getting everyone to update to the latest version today at least solved that issue.
    Can you try to connect to me?
    damned 00MC

Can you try to connect to me?
    damned 00MC
    I can try in a few minutes, sure. We're clear that I'm the DM/the one with the freezing client here, right? Just want to make sure we're on the same trouble shooting page.

EDIT: It seems to be hanging on "Attempting resolved connection". Client seemed to freeze for a minute at first, then unfroze but is still trying to connect. I'm going to walk away for a few minutes then check back. Almost bedtime here in the US anyways.

Appreciate you trying to help out!
    Last edited by lashiel; March 29th, 2020 at 05:18.

Thread Information