5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 21 of 30 First ... 111920212223 ... Last
    Connection issues - "acquiring files" stuck; player/GM log and campaign files

I'm having the same issue with connections. I am hosting with ultimate licence (on Mac) and a demo user (Windows 10) gets stuck acquiring files. was there a fix for this? didn't see anything absolute on here.

any help would be appreciated

Anyone having issues with the combat tracker?

I have a fairly simple issue: It seems as if the cloud server isn't releasing the IP address, or specific clients are not clearing the cache.

For instance, I have four players trying to connect to my campaign. two succeeds no issues. One on a Mac, the other on a PC. One has issues connecting and eventually manages simply through sheer stubbornness. Her error was that her client couldn't connect to the cloud because it kept trying to connect to the OLD IP address, not the latest one. The fourth still can't connect no matter how many times she's tried. A screenshare is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rgvytjpn11...05-45.mp4?dl=0 I'll point out that that IP is not the current external IP for me, and I have found that successful attempts always have matching external IP addresses.The error message is simply that the client cannot resolve the name -- which it can't because it's an expired IP.

How do we either force the client to recognize the new IP, or if its server side, force the server to send the new IP?

To be clear, when this one person fails to connect, the other three players CAN connect to the same session, in the same timeframe. It's NOT how the campaign is being set up to share. It's also not a Mac/PC issue, because I have two Mac users and three PC users, and of the four, the three who can are on Macs and PCs and the one who can't is on a PC.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MecotolRex86 View Post
    Anyone having issues with the combat tracker?
    Please keep threads to specific issues/topics. The CT and connection issues are very different. If you can not find an existing thread with your exact issue, please start a new thread. When reorting new issues, please try to describe them in detail and providing related supporting information. A suggested format for issues is detailed here; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...s-and-Problems

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I PMmed late last night with the required logs and files. This is a really interesting issue.

From the GM side, I have a direct ethernet connection, not Comcast or related (Altice/Cablevision is the ISP). Everything works fine - I can update. The campaign lists when I load it, and it is visible to my players.

Of the people who CAN connect - (both are on the same ISP, one in my network, but that shouldn't matter since the campaign is cloud hosted) both are on Macs, as am I.

Of the folks who CAN'T connect - (one is on the same ISP, but in another home network, the other is out of state and with Comcast) - BOTH are on Windows (10 and 8.1). The Windows 10 user can occasionally connect if her husband connects first (he's on a Mac), but we can't replicate the connection whether or not he logs first. The Windows 8.1 user cannot reconcile the cloud's IP address, and on subsequent connections, the Windows 10 user gets a similar dialog. The folks who can't connect provided their console AND network logs, as did I (along with the requested campaign data).

I can't imagine this is an OS issue, since the campaign is cloud hosted. I also can't think it's a campaign issue since we replicated the behavior with both of the pre-made campaigns that were never used before.

I even tried "delisting" and "re-listing" the campaign.

I'm kind of hoping to get some guidance, as I have three more people I need to get connected, and I have to organize the actual night we are going to play this. The inability to connect blocks us. And while I do not expect an immediate *solution* I would like to set expectations on when we will most likely be able to meet as a group - coordinating 7 people's schedules - all working adults, and some with children, isn't easy. So if this will take months to resolve, it would be nice to know.

Are there any steps we can take in the interim while we wait for feedback? I do not own Classic, just FGU.
    In ancient times...
    Hundreds of years before the dawn of history
    Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing...

That's an interesting correlation, as I'm also running on a Mac.

The players who can connect are on Macs. The players who cannot connect are on PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dire Weasel View Post
    That's an interesting correlation, as I'm also running on a Mac.

The players who can connect are on Macs. The players who cannot connect are on PCs.
    Yeah, that's why I wanted the one Mac guy who was on the same network with his PC wife to give me his logs too, but he didn't listen and his logs got wiped - after I told him at least three times "your logs too" and exactly why. And by that time we didn't have time to have all four of us go through the same exercise again, so I'm hoping that the failed connects, and my data will be sufficient.

Interestingly, in FGC, HE hosts on his Mac, and no one has issues connecting to his campaign, including the two PC users. So it's something specific to FGU and how the campaign is hosted.

I like to think I found a weird bug, because that seems to be my mutant ability. But I really hope that this is fixable by maybe repackaging the campaign, deleting the old and setting up the replacement.
    In ancient times...

Well that's promising! I'm having the same issue here. Brand new Unity user and I'm hosting a Cloud Game of D&D 5e. I can connect to my own game and I can connect to the game from another PC on my local LAN. Two other players at a different house on their respective PC's can connect. The Mac user on my Local LAN cannot connect nor can either of the other Mac users at remote locations.

I'm working on acquiring the logs request and will post them as soon as I have them. Thanks for all that you do!

Make sure that the user on your LAN is connecting using your local IP address rather than connecting via the Cloud.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Make sure that the user on your LAN is connecting using your local IP address rather than connecting via the Cloud.
    My LAN user is not having a problem. It's the Mac/PC users in their network (they are several towns away) where the PC user can't connect (yet they use the same ISP we do - a local one: Altice/Cablevision). That's what makes this a really fascinating issue. If it wasn't for the fact that network protocols are (or should be) platform agnostic, it's almost shaking down that PC users can't connect to a campaign hosted on a Mac and based on Theaskus, Mac users can't connect to a campaign hosted on a PC.
    In ancient times...

Thread Information