5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 23 of 30 First ... 132122232425 ... Last
    Confirming the following:

Host: Mac (Catalina 10.15) ethernet port 1802 set, running ethernet and wireless concurrently.

Mac user 1 (on host network) - could connect to the cloud campaign, can connect to the LAN campaign. (note, wifi must be running as this client doesn't have ethernet)
    Mac user 2 (on remote OOL network) - could connect to the cloud campaign, can connect to the LAN campaign.
    PC user 1 (shares network with Mac user 2) - could NOT connect to the cloud campaign, CAN connect to the LAN campaign.
    PC user 2 (on Comcast network) - could NOT connect to the cloud campaign, CAN connect to the LAN campaign.

Steps to reproduce:

1. SET Port 1802 on your ETHERNET IP. If you need to, get iStats Menu to determine which IP is your ethernet IP.
    2. Turn OFF wifi.
    3. Launch Fantasy Grounds.
    4. UPDATE
    5. LOAD the desired campaign making sure Fantasy Grounds is using your ETHERNET IP
    6. Turn wifi back on.

This should make your campaign reachable via the LAN protocol for both OS clients.

When I have time with the team, we'll test other conditions, but for now we are good to run the one-shot.
    In ancient times...
    Hundreds of years before the dawn of history
    Lived a strange race of people... the Druids

No one knows who they were or what they were doing...

Final update.

We were able to get all 7 players connected, including two couples coming in from the same networks. I can confirm you don't NEED to turn wifi back on, but FG will ALWAYS use wifi if its available. And while I know the Mac OS will always prioritize wifi first (to my perpetual annoyance), it would be a nice future feature for FG to override if it detects both. But the work around isn't egregious.

Overall, FG was stable, though it did not display all the spell slots the level 4 characters should have - it only displayed 2. There were also times where text wouldn't show, or the windows wouldn't display ALL the information - but again, beta and we worked around that when it happened. I also lost the masking for one map, but again - beta.

The only other oddness we saw was that on the group's first combat, everyone kept rolling very low, and my one friend who DMs in FGC noted it was unusually consistently low, with all seven players rolling low through two rounds of combat before some of the higher rolls started happening. It could just be bad RNG, but I wanted to bring it up in case others are seeing similar.

Unfortunately, I was kind of overwhelmed managing 7 people, three of which haven't played D&D since it was AD&D and had no clue how to work with a VTT, so I didn't get decent screenshots. I'm happy to report my findings in a more official capacity. Do I report here or is there an official bug report service? Otherwise, I'll just chalk it up to beta.

Next week, hopefully, we're going to see how LOS works.
    Last edited by Atanae; May 24th, 2020 at 17:32.
    In ancient times...

Quote Originally Posted by Atanae View Post
    but FG will ALWAYS use wifi if its available. And while I know the Mac OS will always prioritize wifi first (to my perpetual annoyance)
    No. If you are hosting a game, FGU listens on *all* of your IP interfaces, not just one. Or if you are connecting to someone else's game, MacOS will use your routing table to decide which interface to go out of and if there is a tie it will use your networks service order. Make a new thread or message me if you want help changing routes or service order.

Quote Originally Posted by sstarsslayer View Post
    No. If you are hosting a game, FGU listens on *all* of your IP interfaces, not just one. Or if you are connecting to someone else's game, MacOS will use your routing table to decide which interface to go out of and if there is a tie it will use your networks service order. Make a new thread or message me if you want help changing routes or service order.
    Service Order is already set. It was one of the last things I confirmed before just turning off wireless - because I always have had ethernet prioritized first. And I don't have much: ethernet, wireless, Bluetooth PAN (off) and Thunderbolt bridge (off).

Until I turned wireless OFF, FG always chose the wireless IP. And while a part of this is Apple's fault for (if I understand properly) ignoring preference and prioritizing wireless, it also doesn't seem as if Fantasy Grounds is overriding the OS. It will always choose wireless for me, unless wireless is not an option. Even when the OS is told to prioritize ethernet. Whether this is solely an OS thing (and out of scope for this thread) or unexpected behavior from the application (which is expected for a beta) I can't say. All I can do is report the behavior and confirm settings. And I can confirm that ethernet is set as top priority, and Fantasy Grounds will always map to my wireless IP address unless wireless is turned off.
    In ancient times...

My group is trying out FGU, and I can't connect to the DM's game. I keep getting the same "no local endpoint" error. We've been using Fantasy Grounds Classic for ages, and it's worked fine. I'm not sure if there's some kind of new setup I need to do for my router like port forwarding for FGU.

[5/25/2020 1:46:35 PM] FGU v4.0.0 FREE (2020-05-21)
    [5/25/2020 1:46:35 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/25/2020 1:56:58 PM] Resolving named connection to server. ["Host Name"]
    [5/25/2020 1:56:58 PM] Attempting resolved connection to server. ["IP Address"]
    [5/25/2020 1:57:02 PM] Attempting authorization. [Isklexi - DIRECT]
    [5/25/2020 1:57:02 PM] Authorization failed: The host has protected the session with a password. Please retry with correct password.
    [5/25/2020 1:57:08 PM] Resolving named connection to server. ["Host Name"]
    [5/25/2020 1:57:08 PM] Attempting resolved connection to server. ["IP Address"]
    [5/25/2020 1:57:11 PM] Attempting authorization. [Isklexi - DIRECT]
    [5/25/2020 1:57:11 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] NETWORK: Noble Connect [636610]: No local endpoint
    [5/25/2020 1:57:11 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] NETWORK: Noble Connect [636616]: No local endpoint
    [5/25/2020 1:57:11 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] NETWORK: Noble Connect [636626]: No local endpoint
    Last edited by Isklexi; May 25th, 2020 at 20:20.

We found a workaround using direct LAN connection instead of the cloud server.

Quote Originally Posted by Atanae View Post
    I always have had ethernet prioritized first.
    Until I turned wireless OFF, FG always chose the wireless IP.
    To be clear, I'm talking about "LAN" connection mode (the non-brokered connections), as I never tried cloud, but I saw you mention LAN mode.
    FGU *does* listen on all of your IP interfaces, not just the wireless. So, presuming a couple things about your LAN, what will happen if a player's FGU greeting arrives at your wireless IP, it will then send the response from your ethernet IP (since you have it set to higher priority). That responce isn't going to be recognized by other LAN machines as coming from the machine they expected and won't work. Or if the response goes out your NAT to players outside your network, it won't be affected by the same port translation on your router and so again won't be recognized as coming from the right machine once it arrives to the player.
    One example way to change this behavior would be to add a route that points to your wireless interface when trying to reply to IPs destined for your wireless IP.
    I've done this and can confirm it works. I can host games with some players connecting to some of my IP interfaces while other players connect to other IP interfaces. FGU, like every other app, just asks the OS to handle the routing and such. (well, perhaps cloud mode is different).
    Also worth noting is that the IP address displayed within FGU is intended to be helpful but doesn't necessarily mean much.
    Last edited by sstarsslayer; May 25th, 2020 at 21:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockngeek View Post
    Hi, I'm completely new to fantasy grounds, I just purchased an ultimate unity license, my players can join my game but can't load the modules. they can't load the pathfinder 2e rule book, but they can load the player's ressources from the fall of plaguestone. whenever they try to load the core rulebook it crashes my session of fantasy grounds. Am I doing something wrong?
    Make sure that when you load your modules, the green check is there, meaning players can access it. If it's a red x, they can't.

Hi
    I have been playing Saltmarsh on Fantasy Grounds since March, there can be up to five of us plus the gm online playing the game.
    I had problems before connecting to my GM's game before but after some updates i was able to connect again.
    I tried to connect on Friday and couldn't log into the game. i kept getting the message Attempting resolved connection to the server with a number after it, that's what i was getting before but it went after the updates.
    I reinstalled on a separate drive on Saturday and was able to join the game then, but since the update tonight i am back to Attemping resolved connection to server

Can you help me, i have uploaded two files two log files and if you need anything else just let me know.

I use Plusnet for broadband.
    My pc is running windows 10.

I reinstalled on a seperate drive tonight as well but still the same hanging.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Aesir66; June 1st, 2020 at 21:16.

Is the GM hosting on a Mac or a PC?

Thread Information