FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: favored enemy

favored enemy

How do I set up the favored enemy ability for rangers?
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Depends on what you need to do. Generally, it could be done with an IFT: TYPE([creature type]); ATK: X; DMG: X; I do not know if the skill portion of the favored enemy can be done easily since you can't target a skill roll/ You might just have to remind yourself about those.

Here are the creature types built into FG: aberration, animal, construct, dragon, fey, giant, humanoid, magical beast, monstrous humanoid, ooze, outsider, plant, undead, vermin, air, angel, aquatic, archon, augmented, chaotic, cold, demon, devil, earth, evil, extraplanar, fire, good, incorporeal, lawful, living construct, native, psionic, shapechanger, swarm, water, dwarf, elf, gnoll, gnome, goblinoid, halfling, human, orc, reptilian
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

where would I code that? and can the same be done to weapons and armor
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

You would code that in a spell list. Personally, I create a new spell class and call it abilities. Click the magni6glass and place a number in the 0 level field. Right click the new heading that says Cantrips/Level 0 and click add spell. Name the new spell Favored Enemy. Right click the new spell, click add spell action, then click add spell effect. On that new line, you type thebeffect I said above on (change the creature type and bonus to what it is supposed to be. On the left side of the effect, click the box that says "TRGT" and change it to "SELF". You are then done. Once you are playing your character, click the effect icon and it will add the effect to the combat tracker on your character. Now anytime you come across your favores enemy, FG will automatically add your bonuses to that creature.

What do you mean by weapons and armor?
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    You would code that in a spell list. Personally, I create a new spell class and call it abilities. Click the magni6glass and place a number in the 0 level field. Right click the new heading that says Cantrips/Level 0 and click add spell. Name the new spell Favored Enemy. Right click the new spell, click add spell action, then click add spell effect. On that new line, you type thebeffect I said above on (change the creature type and bonus to what it is supposed to be. On the left side of the effect, click the box that says "TRGT" and change it to "SELF". You are then done. Once you are playing your character, click the effect icon and it will add the effect to the combat tracker on your character. Now anytime you come across your favores enemy, FG will automatically add your bonuses to that creature.

What do you mean by weapons and armor?
    to create effects like flaming.
    Ultimate License holder.

For flaming, you can either do an effect; Flaming Weapon; DMG: 1d6 fire in the spell class you created, or click the magnifying glass for the specific weapon, right click the existing damage and click add new (or click the edit button and then the plus sign). Then drag a d6 to the dice box, then type the word "fire" on the damage type line. Either way works, but putting the added damage line would most likely be easier as you would not have to toggle the effect if you use a different weapon.

Depending on the armor or other weapon effect, you can do the same.
    Ultimate License Holder

Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    For flaming, you can either do an effect; Flaming Weapon; DMG: 1d6 fire in the spell class you created, or click the magnifying glass for the specific weapon, right click the existing damage and click add new (or click the edit button and then the plus sign). Then drag a d6 to the dice box, then type the word "fire" on the damage type line. Either way works, but putting the added damage line would most likely be easier as you would not have to toggle the effect if you use a different weapon.

Depending on the armor or other weapon effect, you can do the same.
    its not working IFT: TYPE;[undead]; ATK: 1; DMG: 1; am i doing something wrong
    Last edited by jinxor; February 19th, 2021 at 22:10.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxor View Post
    its not working IFT: TYPE;[undead]; ATK: 1; DMG: 1; am i doing something wrong
    Answered on Discord For completeness/future reference if someone else with the same question reads this here: The effect is IFT: TYPE(undead); ATK: 1; DMG: 1

I'm having an issue getting this to work, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm pretty sure I have the correct spacing, and use of ; in the right spots... but I get the +1 to damage showing up, but not the +1 to hit. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?
    favored enemy 1.pngfavored enemy 2.png

It looks like you are getting the +1 to hit.
    [ATTACK(M)] Maul
    Attack[14] -> [at Orc][EFFECTS +1][HIT]
    Compare that to the line above against the Berserker that doesn’t have the EFFECTS +1. You weren’t getting it against the Orc at first because the effect hadn’t been added to the character yet.

Thread Information