Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

LFP – Qty 1-4 - AD&D 2nd Ed (2E)- "Against the Slavelords" (A0-A4) on Sunday nights

FG License: Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU) Ultimate License.
    This means that FGC will not connect with FGU. However, since I have a (FGU) Ultimate License, I can connect with FGU DEMO players (which is free).
    Game System: AD&D 2nd ED (2E).

Time Zone: i.e. CST, Central Standard Time USA
    Day of week and time: Saturday April 5th (if enough players join) at 7pm CST – 10:30pm CST.
    We just barely started, one encounter. The party is in the town and have open slots for people to join.
    Planned Duration & Frequency: If everything gels, meet every Sunday night
    Term: If everything gels, continue playing all five adventures (A0-A4).

Text or Voice: i.e. Voice required.
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No

Roleplay & Combat mix: i.e. 50/50. But will take que from party,
    Number of Players in game & needed: Minimum 4 max 7. Age 18+
    Currently have 4, players. (Dwarven Fighter, Human Paladin, Dwarven cleric & Gnome Bard)
    2 NPC's Elven conjuror & Halfling Thief

Now Open

Character starting level & equipment: i.e. 2nd level. 2nd Ed players handbook. Note: Kits are allowed, but the player must provide the source material. I do not have any of the ‘complete’ books.

For ability scores player has two choices:
    1) Choice
    Use the following array for ability scores:
    17 15 13 12 10 9
    Player may reduce a higher score in order raise a lower score. For example:
    16 15 13 13 10 9 or
    15 15 13 14 10 9

2) Choice
    roll 4d6 and drop the lowest dice (6x)
    Place scores as desire.
    Note: DM needs to witness these rolls

Equipment: starting gold plus 1 gear pack

Character restrictions: i.e. 2nd Ed players handbook

Details of your scenario: New to Fantasy Grounds, but roleplaying on and off for 17 years! I am looking to give FG a spin as a GM. I make no guarantees it will work, but it will be a fun distraction at the very least!
    Last edited by Dredge; July 30th, 2020 at 02:34. Reason: Updated player count

Huzzah. Looking forward to it!

2E is a great edition. A lot of what they did for 5E was to work towards trying to capture the feel of 2E. Worth going directly to the source to see what it is about. The system is very easy as a new player, as the rules are more about decisions during play than decisions during character building. Roll and complete a character in literally 5 minutes, and then roleplay as a novice adventurer as you learn the ins and outs of how to be competent in interacting with combat and the world.

The Gold & Glory rules pdf is free and is almost entirely identical to the rules content of the 2E PHB. Costs you nothing to take a look at the system.

Wow! This would be amazing! So 7pm on Sundays would be the game? If so I am IN!!! My kids play college football and Friday/ Saturdays are a bitch in fall and other times. I have played 35 plus years but haven't played 2e in a while but this module set sounds great! I am fun and friendly and believe in the fun story and not being a tool bag to others in game. Let me know! I can pitch in for maps or anything you may need also.

This sounds like so much fun. I havn't run AD&D 2nd edition since the early 90's and miss the standard version without the splat books. The slave lords are a cult classic great module series but never had the pleasure to play them. The Wild Coast is a fun and dangerous place to adventure and it would be exciting to play there. If thr party needs a Ranger or a Druid than I am your man. Men of the Gnarley shall not stand these evil men no longer in the forest!

Please PM me your character concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Charcon View Post
    Wow! This would be amazing! So 7pm on Sundays would be the game? If so I am IN!!! My kids play college football and Friday/ Saturdays are a bitch in fall and other times. I have played 35 plus years but haven't played 2e in a while but this module set sounds great! I am fun and friendly and believe in the fun story and not being a tool bag to others in game. Let me know! I can pitch in for maps or anything you may need also.
    Please PM me your character concept.
    I am the DM.

Stylin_P38
    The party needs a Ranger. If you are interested please PM me. I am the DM.

I’m ready to roll my stats and make my character!

Do we make our characters in FG for 2e? I have for 5e before...

Thread Information