DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP- 4-6 players to run D&D 5E homebrew on FGU. MST in the evenings weekly

FG License: FGU ultimate
    Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: MST
    Day of week and time: 7:00 to 10:00 pm MST weekdays or weekend. More to Follow with exact day and times
    If new game, planned start date: March 30 7:00 pm
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 3 to 4 hours and Weekly
    Term: long term

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Discord
    Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? No recording or live stream (unless group wants to try it down the line)

Roleplay & Combat mix: It will be a mix but vary at times. In the sense that there may a big battle and for a couple of sessions there is a fair bit of combat, then for the next couple role play for items ,negotiation,contracts etc. , Followed by some exploration to different areas.
    Number of Players in game & needed: 1 in game and need 4-5 players (possibly another 4-6 players if enough interest for another campaign)
    Character starting level & equipment: we will start at level 1 and equipment will be decided in the discord. (i like to get a sense of the group before doing anything to drastic)
    Character restrictions:Anything in the books i have is a go ahead. So for the most part all published D&D 5e books(other than adventure modules)

Details of your scenario:

1st Setting
    The year is 0883 of the Auroki empire, war has engulfed our lands for 3 generations,blood has turned the ground red as of late. Stone men who never tire, Steam pipes for heating, Bendable glass, unknown secrets from past ages rediscovered in the last ten years. What a marvel to behold, the change is extraordinary but I cannot help but fear something is amiss. Changes in the land have begun and mountains have disappeared. Craters left behind extending down into the dark as if the mountain was only half of the piece. Eye witness accounts of large shadows moving in the night, metallic grinding echoing for miles, and lights dancing across the sky in strange symbols and patterns. If only they would believe me that the lights are indeed symbols and patterns, the fools believe it to be only the solar lights but these are different. These are only the signs that have made it to my ears and now....... now I hear of more disturbing news. As my eyes and ears I need you to confirm of the more recent news arriving from Mournridge hardest hit by the war recently.

2nd Setting
    Welcome aboard the Wailing Widow, finest ship around and don't let the name fool you, I was never married. I hear I am to transport your group to the White depths ? Not many people travel that way anymore, not since the storms. Great storms, almost like beasts they are. Moving with a crack of boulders and flashes of the sun, blowing like some bloody wyvern flapping their wings as to pick up the ocean. Now normally my boys would be content to sit at the port, but thanks to your patron, the gold is mighty motivating. But with the seal on the letter...... now that carries some weight. We'll get you there don't you worry, old bully wag still got some life left in him and yours truly has never not delivered. (Leaning in and with a whisper) ....... Just dont go kissing the ghosts off the bow....HAHAHAHAHA. (Clasps you on the back) [ The letter was given to you by Asmoldis 3rd in line to the throne and your cousin twice removed. While giving you this letter sealed by him,it was told to be of great importance to get it to the Willowspire kingdom beyond the white depths. All contact has ceased with the kingdom and with the 2nd in line last in the hospitality of the Willowspire kingdom, this letter is to be delivered to heir.]

3rd Setting
    "Grand Groggins Great Elixers- Get your potion and ailment fix" "Carmons Curvy Confinements- clothes and more" "Bob's Blackest Blacksmith- nothing stays white and we make stuff""Gregoirs observatory"......,etc. Those and many other shops line this street of Gildenvale, A town of 100 000, many opportunities may present themselves in this grand city and with it coin and prestige, honor and glory, freedom and choice.. But that is not why you are here, you can see in the distance your destination. Edmunds Impromptu Repository said to hold a thousand generations and empires worth of knowledge line its wooden halls. Copper walls reflect the last of the daylight adding to the bronze of the setting sun. The Repository half the landmass of Gildenvale and 10 times the height of the local windmill. Seeming only possible to have been built by giants. Rumors of the repository stretching into the ground and of giant granite pillars and steel machinery holding it together. Inside is your mark "Newarts tome of abyssal studies" last reported to rest within these walls 1400 years ago, within your view is now your freedom and one wish granted by your patron. If and only If you can acquire your mark.

new to FG,but have been playing and dming for the last 15 years.

Right now i'm looking to set up a group or 2 and learn the program, i have FGU with ultimate license so you would just need the demo version if you don't already have it from my understanding.
    As for campaign settings i like to do home run stuff and take inspiration from many places.

Some questions: (Copy and paste in your pm with answers)
    What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. ) I have a few campaigns that have been brewing for a while and would like to try one of them.
    Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line?
    What do you look for in a campaign?
    What do you see as your roll as a player?
    Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it?

As for a dm with regards to items classes, etc. im normally pretty good just run it by me first when it comes from outside the standard rule books/published material.
    I also prefer people to describe or actually tell what their bluff or diplomacy is. The better you can describe how you want to do something or in a logical way to make something, the more likely i am to allow it and sometimes just bypass the roll because it was so well explained.

If you have any questions feel free to let me know.

interested in joining

Hello,
    My name is Alex and I wanted to express interest in gaming with you. I am new to FG but have played D&D for almost two years. I have been looking for a game that meets weekday nights, excluding Monday and Friday. Please let me know if you need any additional information.

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. ) I have a few campaigns that have been brewing for a while and would like to try one of them.

I have only been playing for 2 years, so I typically play the standard medieval high magic games. However, I am also considering gothic horror and other styles of high fantasy.

I would say I am pretty easy to play with, as I don't offend easily. I would probably draw the line in general at fellow players not being respectful of others and if someone was to become uncomfortable, then respecting that. Also prefer players who aren't constantly arguing with the DM calls during the game.

I do enjoy combat, but I also like to RP. I would love to be a part of a campaign where the DM and fellow characters allow for backstories to unfold and time is given for said development. I would enjoy a balanced game.

I like to make my character decisions make sense. I am not a power gamer and prefer things to be narratively driven, so I would say when I roll as a PC, I am rolling in the state of mind as my character would be.

I would say all three sound interesting to me, as they would allow me to step outside of my typical comfort zone. However, 2 and 3 sound the most interesting to me, as I don't know how modern of a fantasy style I would prefer. I could get into an Eberron style world, for sure. I am most interested in these as a different world than I am used to. Since these settings seem more industrious, I am curious how the standard Forgotten Realms character design would be adapted from the sourcebooks into your settings. If you could shed more light on that, I would be grateful.

Hello,

Thank you for getting in contact with me and I hear you. That is ok and i'm learning FG as well. More details will be inputted through the discord server i have set up for this campaign. As for how it will be adapted, the races will be similar in the sense that you pick and make your character with the stat blocks/abilities and what not. But just like the historys of towns are different and different kingdoms have different conflicts so does these settings and views. There is a life and history that would take to long to type in here (Also dont want to spill to much yet). But you are part of a living world that has seen war, love, strafe, empires raise and fall, ideologies come and go, different creatures come into existence or fade from it, decisions of past heroes and villains impact the present, etc. I hope to clarify more after a session zero and plan to paint the picture and expand as we go along. At session zero I plan to talk with everyone and get a feel for the group,discuss expectations and have everyone else interact as well so we can see how well we mesh.

Hope that helps and also sent a PM.
    If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask.

Would love to join your campaign. As it is a home brew, and I enjoy home brews over premade campaigns. In regards to your questions:

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings: I prefer fantasy, though sci-fi I do enjoy from time to time. Depends on the mood. I tend to play gender bent characters (As a male, playing female/transgendered characters)
    Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line: Comfortable with many things.. though I draw the line at sexual exploitation of children.
    What do you look for in a campaign? Heavy roleplay and character development with smatterings of combat
    What do you see as your role as a player? I usually like to be the face of the group, but if I cannot be the face, then the shadow behind the throne.
    Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it? I like campaign 2 as i happen to have a particular affiliation to the sea, and have always loved RP on boats. and sailing vessels, the like.

I would like to be considered for your campaigns

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings I mostly like fantasy/technomancy style games although horror/gothic might be quite a bit of fun. I prefer to play healer/caster roles that are pretty squishy. Rogue/Bard are a second favorite.
    Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line? I enjoy a mix of playstyles. Graphic sex or rape is something I would most definately not be comfortable with. Rule lawering is probably where I would draw the line, the rules are there to help not cause arguments
    What do you look for in a campaign? I am looking for a fun time preferably with a long run or at least a continuation of the group to another campaign.
    What do you see as your roll as a player? As a player I feel I should do my best to help the party attain its goals, and ensure I am doing my best to be entertaining for all involved as well as not be a pain in the rear end.
    Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it? The first campaign seems to be very interesting and different. The arcane mixed with glass and steam? I could be reading it wrong, but the description leads me to a war torn fantasy/steampunk/gothic vibe. I think I would enjoy spending some time there.

Sparks

Hello Chaos,

I would like to take a moment of your time and offer my application for joining your group.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Name : Andy
    Timezone : US Central ( GMT-5 )

Experience : Some character designs with basic 5e rulebooks. Been a few years since I played at the table however.
    I do feel mostly comfortable with basic rules and gameplay.

Why would I like to join?
    As a science teacher, I am away from work for the next few weeks and would like to use this time to find a group that plays regularly and will provide me with a chance to play D&D again.
    The proposed time frame also fits with my schedule. 6:00 - 9:00 or 10:00 pm once or twice a week would work well for me.

Below is a sample character that I have built, and is no means a "requirement" for me to play.
    ( I do have a modified spin on the multiclassing system that I would be thrilled to run by you for consideration, but also not a requirement for play. More just a fun thing that I have been working on. )

Character Name : Tiaiten ‘ath Estiyth ( a.k.a Ti to non-Elves)
    Character Race : Wood Elf
    Character Class : Ranger - Gloom Stalker ( if only 1 class ). + Rogue ( Arcane Trickster ) if multiclass allowed.

General Background : Grew up being trained by father, and tribe, to enter the Conclave of Shadows. An elite group of Elven hunters and assassins that are willing to give up many of the amenities and benefits of a traditional Elven way of life in order to protect that way of life. While Ti tends to focus on one target at a time, his drive to work as a cohesive ‘pack’/team to achieve a goal is one of his strongest underlying motivators.
    Even though the Outlander background is fairly descriptive of Ti’s upbringing, he is acquainted with the idea that other races live quite differently then the Elves. At the end of the day, if his sacrifices, and even life, keep more of the Tel’Quessir safe, then Tiaiten is content with his contribution to Elven society. However, if there are skills, tools, allies, or even magical items that can make Ti’s job easier and more efficient, then who is he to turn down such aid?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    With regards to which characters I would like to play :
    1. Ranged DPS ( Ranger for a more natural exploration focused play, Rogue for urban )
    2. Melee DPS ( Monk - Way of Shadow )
    3. Warlock ( Which would seem to fit the 3rd scenario. )
    4. I am open to trying various classes depending on the needs of the group.

Setting:
    1. High Magic
    2. Gothic Horror
    3. Any other options ( really just looking to find a group and get some playing going. I feel that I can adapt to pretty much any setting. )

Comfortable Lines:
    It is very difficult to offend me, however if someone is making jokes at someone else's expense ( without their knowledge, consent, or input) or someone is being mean simply for the sake of being mean, then no.
    Essentially no bullies or assholes.
    Content is wide open as I really do not have any social hangups. Yes, there are things that are not for me, but as long as I am not being forced or coerced, I can manage.

What am I looking for in a DM and in a campaign?
    For what I look for in a DM, that would be openness and honesty. The willingness to listen to their players and be a positively focused, and active role, in building the experiences of all of those at the table.

I would enjoy being welcomed into a group that is open to some new perspectives on established ideas and to help a lifelong fantasy enthusiast find a new group of friends with which to build new adventures and excitement.

My Roll as a player:
    If I am asked to join your group my role is to help facilitate the enjoyment of everyone at the table.
    Since this is a cooperative game, and the whole purpose is to have fun, if I am not supporting that goal, then I have failed as a player.

Campaign Selection :
    Of the 3 campaigns offered, I feel that my order of preference would be:

Though, as I mentioned above, I believe that I could adapt to any setting and still positively contribute to the group.
    Part of what appeals to me in Role-playing is the challenge of taking on a view/perspective/mindset that is different than my own.

I apologize for the length of this post, and if you have any questions for me, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you again for your consideration.

Hello,

i'm Gabe and I am interested in gaming with you. I have owned FG for a while but never tried it out. With whats been going on I figured I would use this time to get to know the system and it seems pretty good. I havent played a game using FG yet but I am looking forward to it. I played all sorts of Role Playing games in my time but its been years now. For the time being my schedule is pretty open though I do prefer weekdays.

Over the years I have played all sorts of settings and I have enjoyed them all. For me its more about the story than the setting. However, that being said I do enjoy high magic, gothic horror, and sci-fi settings the most.

I am a very easy going guy. I consider myself very laid back and basically I try to always have a smile on my face. I like to enjoy myself and try not to take too much seriously. However, respect is an important thing for me. As long as people treat each other well and respect each other, and the game I'm good.

I like a balanced game. A good mix of role-play and combat. I do like developing a character if a campaign has longevity.

I usually dont take one role in a group. I usually fill in wherever Im needed.

To be honest they all sound interesting. However, the first and third one intrigue me the most. They are all different from any game I have played before so they all interest me. I'd be happy with any of them.

If you need anything else from me please feel free to ask.

Hello, My name is David and I am interested in playing your game. I also DM for some newer players to DnD and was looking to play a PC instead of being the DM. I am a new user to FG and have an interest in purchasing the ultimate license. I am pretty open to availability as I am a full-time college student that has just been converted to an online format (thanks to COVID-19).

As for the questions:
    - I would like to try some of the newer races, thinking of Dragonborn or Tiefling. I am drawn towards Dragonborn. And I would like to run a fighter, currently, no intention to multi-class. I am flexible with the settings and can have a pretty twisted mind if the situation allows.

- What line? I hope that answers the question.

- When I DM I want my players to feel some immersion and on the critical fails I go for comedy. For example, I had a magic user try to break down a portcullis with a spell and when he rolled a one, he tripped and his hands and arms fell through the portcullis smashing his head against it. Everyone at the table laughed even the victim.

- My roll as a player, I want to try a front-line tank with a bit of attitude. I don't mind being a supportive type roll, but if being a tank wasn't an option I would be willing to try my hand at whatever is needed. I can guarantee that I will do my best and contribute to the whole.

- After reading all three of them I think I would like to be a part of the first one and considering I would like to run a fighter, I think it would fit pretty handily in a war engulfed world. On another note, I can see a way that all 3 can be connected into one huge campaign that happens in stages, using each setting as a different stage. I don't intend change your campaign/story as you have intended it to go, but I want to help where I can.

My name is Patrick. I've been looking for a stable game for a while. I am a fairly new player with some experience using FG and Roll 20.
    I'm pretty easy going and I come up with some unique characters.

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. )
    Characters with backstory and depth, some that come from low beginnings and earn themselves and avoid being a mary sue.
    I'm comfortable with anything as long as it makes logical sense narrative wise. Feels that compel even bad emotions carry weight but by no means am I sappy like that.
    Dedication and understanding with some effort put into it. If I see you trying I will put in the effort even more so to make it a fun campaign.
    What do you see as your roll as a player? Support/Synergistic player with utility
    Whichever one the DM enjoys most, that usually brings out the best content.

My availability is 7PM EST and later on Saturdays anytime Sundays (EST timezone)
    I have discord and a good mic.
    I have the FGC and unity.
    I am active and also have one person who can join if you need people.

Hello, my name is Sam. I've been playing D&D for about 2 years now. I started playing in high school with a group of friends and took a break for a little bit, then started back up towards the end of college with another group of friends that I DM for. I newer to FG, but have been practicing with one shots to get me up to speed.

What characters do you tend to like to play and what settings (i.e. high magic, gothic horror/lovecraft type, gritty low money,etc. ):

I would say I tend to play high magic fantasy games. Though I would also be interested in trying other settings. I would like to play a wizard, but could adjust for what the group needs.

Also what are you comfortable with and where do you draw your line?:

Most things don't bother me. I work in a hospital setting where we usually say whatever and have thick skin and can dish stuff back (jokingly of course). I definitely don't mind messing with each other jokingly, but in a respectful way that doesn't put someone down.

What do you look for in a campaign?:

I'm looking for a campaign that I can really develop a character through a good mix of rp and combat. At the end of the campaign I hope to feel as though my character made a difference in the surrounding world.

What do you see as your roll as a player?:

I'm a very puzzle/ logic thinker kind of person. I'll try to look at things from multiple angles and rely on others opinions and assistance to help find an optimal outcome for the group. I also like to have fun with the group and try to lighten up the mood in difficult situations.

Which campaign and why do you want to be part of it?:

1 and 3 sound the most interesting to me. 3 sounds like a great fit for the wizard idea I have and would allow me to really develop my character. 1 would be great for my puzzle/mystery loving side. I would be fine with 2, but I haven't had much experience with those types of settings.

As for my available times, the times listed should be fine for me. I'd also be up for an alternating night that would be flexible with schedules. Like I mentioned above, I work in a hospital setting where I have to take call every Tuesday and every now and then on Fri, Sat, Sun. I can usually make my schedule work to fix things, and I will know my schedule for each month the month prior.

Thread Information