DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 30 First ... 1927282930 Last

Thread: Updater Issues

@ddavison: thanks, but that did not work. Reset the password, also did not work.
    @Moon Wizard: followed additional steps, still no joy. Will PM gathered logs.

OK, having gathered all the logs and PM'd them to Moon Wizard, I thought "One more try". This time it worked. Sigh.

Thanks for the help guys, really appreciate it.
    Last edited by SteveStewart332; August 14th, 2021 at 09:59. Reason: Extra info

I keep having updater issues, and have reinstalled FG Unity several times. But I tend to get the same kinds of messages when I run the Updater. "Game server connection was lost, please return to launcher. FG Unity worked for many months for me but has been nothing but trouble since October. I'm running a Windows 10 PC. Images are attached of the error messages.

ErrorMess2.JPGErrorMess3.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3DC View Post
    I keep having updater issues, and have reinstalled FG Unity several times. But I tend to get the same kinds of messages when I run the Updater. "Game server connection was lost, please return to launcher. FG Unity worked for many months for me but has been nothing but trouble since October. I'm running a Windows 10 PC. Images are attached of the error messages.

ErrorMess2.JPGErrorMess3.JPG
    Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having issues.

Please provide your logs - details on collecting them here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...o+Compile+Logs then attach the resulting ZIP file to this thread.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Sure thing. I attached them using the Insert Image button - let me know if this works for you:

fgu_logs_20211123.3.zip

Looks like you may be missing some files. Get them here (make sure you get the x64 ones) https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/cpp...?view=msvc-170
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

It looks like Zacchaeus beat me to it! For future reference, it's the same solution as the following help article:
    Link: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...n+lua5.1+Error

Thank you! I followed that link and downloaded the two .exe files to update redistributable files, and got error messages when I tried to run both of them:

"[1880:31A0][2021-11-24T15:20:59]e000: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed."

Is there a way to force the execution of these two .exe files? Or will that just make my FG crash again when Windows updates?

I would suggest uninstalling the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable" in Windows; and re-installing from the Microsoft web site with the link provided. That should be the latest one, since it's direct from MS.

Regards,
    JPG

Team, I am experiencing a problem in that FG is not launching. I just completed an update after having not used it since late May. I'm on an iMac and finding the Update Launcher to work as normal but the FG fails to open. I get the message, "FantasyGrounds quit unexpectedly". Do you need to see my logs to troubleshoot?

Thanks!

Updater issues

It turns out my entire Windows 10 was corrupted. Eventually videos and music files wouldn't play either. I had to completely reset Windows to Windows 11, and reinstall FG Unity. FG worked after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo3DC View Post
    Thank you! I followed that link and downloaded the two .exe files to update redistributable files, and got error messages when I tried to run both of them:

"[1880:31A0][2021-11-24T15:20:59]e000: Error 0x80070666: Cannot install a product when a newer version is installed."

Is there a way to force the execution of these two .exe files? Or will that just make my FG crash again when Windows updates?

Thread Information