5E Character Create Playlist
Page 24 of 30 First ... 142223242526 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yyrkoonstyphoon View Post
    I am having an issue with the updater today as well. it simply hangs. When i look in the logs, it says invalid_pw
    update your password in settings.

If that doesn't work then change your password on teh website and do not use any non-english characters or spaces. (I would go so far as to test with a very simple alphanumeric password).

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hi

I updated to MacOS Catalina a few days ago

I've just gotten around to starting up FGU since then.

The Updater 2020-6-25 just got stuck with a message "Error: Failed to receive data Retrying in 10 seconds"

This just repeated endlessly

I followed the advice in the OP and unistalled and reinstalled

I now have an Updater that is 2020-6-4 and the same behaviour occurrs.

FGU can be started, but obviously will not necessarily be the same version as my players.

What can I do to check what's going on?

Internet is behaving - I can reach websites and post here

I could roll MacOS back to High Sierra, but am reluctant to do that as I have anew machine on order and will have to go the Catalina route then, so would prefer to work out the kinks before that happens.

EDIT - Its worse than I thought, I just realised that without the updater, I can no longer access any of my Modules purchased through the Smiteworks store.

So no WotC modules are available to FGU

Yikes! Help! The game is supposed to be on tomorrow.
    Last edited by Reg; August 25th, 2020 at 09:43. Reason: Further info

Blog Entries
    This is normally caused by something blocking network traffic to the updater within the app. Check your anti-virus and security software and add an exception for the app. It could be a local block (more likely) or something blocking it at the router.

Hi Reg... I'm a macOS user and I have no problem running FGU on Catalina (nor Big Sur). I recommend you make a backup of your campaigns folder and uninstall FGU after that. Try a new install from scratch and allow incoming connections for Fantasy Grounds from System Preferences - Security and Privacy - Firewall. If you are using Little Snitch or similar double check if FG traffic is being blocked. IMO, you don't need to roll back to High Sierra.
    Nébula Rol

So you dare to cross the Veil… Oh, adventurer! Do you think there won’t be consequences, perhaps?

Sakrynia: The Land of Tears

Too late, I rolled back my OS

Too many other issues

I'll wait until I can do a clean install of Catalina and try again when I have more time.

Thanks for the Security Prefs tip - I'll keep that in mind!

@ DDavison Thanks also. Right area I guess, just significant differences in MacOS vs Windows such that it wasn't after-market apps

But if it is security related, I'll give it a look when Catalina goes in fresh.

Appreciate the heads up guys

I got a new win10 pc. Fresh install of FGUnity. The install runs, then says it's going to open FGupdaterEngine. Then nothing. It's open in Task Manager, but seemingly not using resources.

ARGS:
    Waiting on FGUpdaterEngine to close.
    Error: FGUpdaterEngine Failed to close. Please ensure that FGUpdaterEngine is closed and run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe from the program directory.

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine_Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    Initialize engine version: 2019.4.9f1 (50fe8a171dd9)
    [Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine_Data/UnitySubsystems
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (ID=0x21c4)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 5991 MB
    Driver: 26.21.14.4318
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.087 seconds
    D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    <RI> Initializing input.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephryte View Post
    I got a new win10 pc. Fresh install of FGUnity. The install runs, then says it's going to open FGupdaterEngine. Then nothing. It's open in Task Manager, but seemingly not using resources.

ARGS:
    Error: FGUpdaterEngine Failed to close. Please ensure that FGUpdaterEngine is closed and run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe from the program directory.

Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine_Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    Initialize engine version: 2019.4.9f1 (50fe8a171dd9)
    [Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path C:/Program Files/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FGUpdaterEngine/FGUpdaterEngine_Data/UnitySubsystems
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER (ID=0x21c4)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 5991 MB
    Driver: 26.21.14.4318
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.087 seconds
    D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    <RI> Initializing input.
    Did you close FGUpdaterEngine and run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe from the install directory?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Did you close FGUpdaterEngine and run FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe from the install directory?
    Yes. After I noticed the 1st log file, i did try running the exe directly. And again with run as admin. And again with all 3 kinds of compatibility modes (win7, win8, vista)

I also tried to uninstall it using the Windows add/remove. But the same thing happens: it hangs out in task manager, but not using resources. So I ended task, and deleted the folder, deleted the downloaded installer, and re downloaded. Still the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephryte View Post
    Yes. After I noticed the 1st log file, i did try running the exe directly. And again with run as admin. And again with all 3 kinds of compatibility modes (win7, win8, vista)

I also tried to uninstall it using the Windows add/remove. But the same thing happens: it hangs out in task manager, but not using resources. So I ended task, and deleted the folder, deleted the downloaded installer, and re downloaded. Still the same results.
    There is no need to run as admin and dont run in compatibility mode. If you are running a third-party antivirus you may need to add an exception for the FGU app directory and make sure your user account has write permissions to the directory.

Can you attach your log files? There should be a FantasyGroundsUpdater.log file in the app directory and a FGUpdaterEngine.log file in the data directory.

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    There is no need to run as admin and dont run in compatibility mode. If you are running a third-party antivirus you may need to add an exception for the FGU app directory and make sure your user account has write permissions to the directory.

Can you attach your log files? There should be a FantasyGroundsUpdater.log file in the app directory and a FGUpdaterEngine.log file in the data directory.
    I could not find a "FGUpdaterEngine.log" but there are 2 .log files in the data directory. "Player" and "Player-prev". They had identical text, so I only attached the most recently made file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thread Information