DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 30 First ... 101819202122 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    I've had no updater issues to this point, but just experienced something odd... I started FGU, and it had the red outline around Check for Updates. I pressed it, it ran through all my content and never found anything to update. Confirmed in the log as best I can, it didn't find anything to download. Ran it again, (this time unprompted) and still no updates. Logs attached.

FG v.4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-05-20)
    FGUpdater v.4.0.0 (2020-05-15)
    Win10
    Standard Data Directory Path
    App install directory is on a secondary drive (X:\FantasyGrounds)
    We did recently make a change to what data files are used to report latest build across different development channels and I would guess that this was a hiccup related to that change.
    Please let us know if you notice that happening in the future, but I suspect it's not going to be recurring for you.

I'm seeing a strange updater issue. Whenever I buy a new product and click on Check for Updates, it updates the Fantasy Grounds Updater even though it just did it the last time I checked for updates. It's done this about 4 times in a row and the updater version hasn't changed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Team,

I am running FGU on MacOS Catalina. The updater keeps downloading a new version of itself every other time I run it. FGU itself works fine.
    I have done all the steps recommended on this forum including reinstalling and clearing vault.
    I sent an email to support with the logs but I am not sue it was received.
    Thanks,

I'm having the same issue here. My FGU keeps updating over and over again and I'm having problems with the connection as well. I Load my campaign on a Cloud Server - Public with Password, two of my player connected, the third one tried to connect just a little bit later and He couldn't. I close the server and opened again and no one was able to connect anymore. I tried the LAN connection, no one was able to connect either. Is this a problem with this version or is it a problem with FGU?? Because I just cancelled my subscription at FGC because I paid the Ultimate version of the FGU to play and now I can't play with my friends.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to solve this problem.

Kind Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by caste381 View Post
    Hi Team,

I am running FGU on MacOS Catalina. The updater keeps downloading a new version of itself every other time I run it. FGU itself works fine.
    I have done all the steps recommended on this forum including reinstalling and clearing vault.
    I sent an email to support with the logs but I am not sue it was received.
    Thanks,
    Quick update. the pattern is the following:

1) Updater downloads and installs a new version of updater, then quits.
    2) Updater is automatically re-launched and it skips looking for new versions of updater
    3) I manually run another update, but the process gets stuck before starting (see screenshot).
    4) I kill the process, reopen it, and the whole thing starts from the beginning

Thanks,
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by caste381 View Post
    Quick update. the pattern is the following:

1) Updater downloads and installs a new version of updater, then quits.
    2) Updater is automatically re-launched and it skips looking for new versions of updater
    3) I manually run another update, but the process gets stuck before starting (see screenshot).
    4) I kill the process, reopen it, and the whole thing starts from the beginning

Thanks,
    Ok, this is now solved.
    I manually replaced the original FGUpdaterEngine.app with the one in the FantasyGroundsUpdater_NEW folder before it gets deleted by the update process

Thanks for the update. You may have gotten stuck on a version that had some issues; but it sounds like you were able to manually bypass it to get on the latest. There is still an outstanding issue where the updater always updates; but I've already escalated that issue to Ryan to look at.

Regards,
    JPG

@caste381,

What channel are you using in the Advanced settings?

There's a known issue when running in a channel other than Live where the updater will always update; so I want to see if that's the issue or something else.

Thanks,
    JPG

I had something odd happen with the updater. I first downloaded and installed a couple of days ago. Running in DEMO mode. There was an original campaign there, and then I created one.

Tonight I ran the updater to make sure that another issue that I have mentioned on the forums isn't fixed. Then I ran it a couple of times again -- past experiences suggest to me that sometimes these things layer, and I expected that if one ran the updater and there was nothing to do, it would say that. It does not appear to do so, however -- I got the feeling that the updater would have kept doing the same thing over and over again.

But here's the kicker. After I had run the updater maybe 3 times, i went back in. The campaign I created was still there, but the one that had been there originally upon installation, called "5E Sample Campaign" had vanished -- however its folder is still there under the campaigns folder. It just isn't listed any more.

Also this affects the issue I had reported in another thread, where importing a character generated an error message. Now, when I open the PCs, and click the up arrow (import), there are no characters listed. (The character I had created on my own still exists.)

@cube1us,

What channel do you have selected on the Advanced tab of the Settings?

The sample campaign only gets installed to the Live channel.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information