STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 30 First ... 8161718192028 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Attempted to update today, but it wouldn't let me. This is after previously experiencing this problem and reinstalling.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

Still can't run a session of our campaign

We have been trying to run a session of our game (5ed Descent into Avernus) for several weeks now and while FGU will launch it immediately starts to throw errors and crash upon itself with no players ever logged in. I have tried reinstalling it completely, deleting all our campaign data, as well as continually checking for updates on the forums. Nothing has worked. I attached both the player log, console log, and game data. I did have to cut down both player and console log as after only 3 mins or so of running the files were well over several MB's in size.

System Setup:

Windows 10 Pro - Update 1909
    Intel i7-8700k, 64GB RAM, SSD, Nvidia 1080Ti

FGU Version Ultimate (2020-5-14)
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Licence
    Books in use: D&D Eberron: Rising From The Last War, D&D Player's Handbook, D&D Dungeon Master's Guide, D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything (5E), D&D Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamhater View Post
    We have been trying to run a session of our game (5ed Descent into Avernus) for several weeks now and while FGU will launch it immediately starts to throw errors and crash upon itself with no players ever logged in. I have tried reinstalling it completely, deleting all our campaign data, as well as continually checking for updates on the forums. Nothing has worked. I attached both the player log, console log, and game data. I did have to cut down both player and console log as after only 3 mins or so of running the files were well over several MB's in size.

System Setup:

Windows 10 Pro - Update 1909
    Intel i7-8700k, 64GB RAM, SSD, Nvidia 1080Ti

FGU Version Ultimate (2020-5-14)
    Fantasy Grounds Ultimate Licence
    Books in use: D&D Eberron: Rising From The Last War, D&D Player's Handbook, D&D Dungeon Master's Guide, D&D Xanathar's Guide to Everything (5E), D&D Baldur's Gate: Descent Into Avernus
    What happens if you try a new campaign with no themes or extensions and no modules loaded? Can your players connect?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by :{ BK }: View Post
    Attempted to update today, but it wouldn't let me. This is after previously experiencing this problem and reinstalling.
    Just a little update on this. After posting, I reinstalled again and everything seemed cool. Unfortunately, buying the Wiseguys module seems to have knocked it out again. I'm going to reinstall, but is there something I'm missing?

Here is the log:

[5/19/2020 8:43:41 PM] FGU v4.0.0 ULTIMATE (2020-05-14)
    [5/19/2020 8:43:41 PM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/19/2020 8:43:45 PM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Users/brian/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)
    FGU Ultimate License - Savage Worlds GM

[5/20/2020 9:06:11 AM] FGU v4.0.0 FREE (2020-05-14)
    [5/20/2020 9:06:11 AM] Launcher scene starting.
    [5/20/2020 9:06:16 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Users/Scott Ulmer/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

[5/20/2020 9:06:16 AM] [<color="red">ERROR</color>] Updater: Unable to locate program (C:/Users/Scott Ulmer/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe)

Just had to use Revo Uninstaller to get it removed. Reinstalled and still getting the same weekly error...

6 Response received: 24000305
    DownloadFile-FantasyGroundsUpdater: 3.0058216
    7: Response received: 24000305
    i: C:\Users\Scott Ulmer\AppData\Roaming\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\vault\FantasyGroundsUpdater.dat
    New Updater found, unzipping...
    UnzipToFolder-C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGroundsUpdater.dat.new: 1.390188
    Copying new self updater.

Yeah, if it is a completely blank game with no modules loaded on my end, I had a player that was able to connect no issue and the game itself didn't crash. I then went and tested turning on modules one by one. We noticed a bunch of errors on the players side when I enabled Xanathar's for the DM. I attached these different logs as well from this attempt.

Order of Books enabled:
    Descent into Avernus Campaign - Saw no issues
    DMG - Saw no issues
    Player's Handbook DM - Saw no issues
    Xanathar's Guide - FGU temporarily froze and players altered me to errors on their side
    Un-enabled Xanathar's and enabled Eberron - Saw no issues

I tested a few maps and items which seemed okay as well when I shared them with my player. At this point my assumption is that is has to be a piece of content that is causing the crash.++

Now that is testing a completely fresh campaign and install, when I load our current campaign as soon as I load the map I immediately get timer errors without any players in the game.
    Last edited by dreamhater; May 20th, 2020 at 22:52.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottUlmer View Post

Hello Scott,

I believe this was a previous known issue with the desktop shortcut. Please right-click on the FGU shortcut and choose Properties. You will probably notice that the Start in: field is blank. Change it to "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds", or wherever your program is installed if you chose something other than the default.

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    Hello Scott,

I believe this was a previous known issue with the desktop shortcut. Please right-click on the FGU shortcut and choose Properties. You will probably notice that the Start in: field is blank. Change it to "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds", or wherever your program is installed if you chose something other than the default.
    Hey Doug,

So when I go to the properties it seems to be what you said it should be without me having to fix it.

Target: D:\Programs\Fantasy Grounds Unity\FantasyGrounds.exe

Start in: D:\Programs\Fantasy Grounds Unity

I also have tried the C drive and the default path. I actually put it in a special spot, just in case there default path had an issue. In case you are wondering why the error and what I just sent you has a different path, that is because I had to Revo Uninstall and re-install it again.

I do not have any issues unless the updater needs to be updated. The FG client itself does not cause an issue. I think it is the hand-off between old updater updating itself. When I built a program like that I had to have the exe run a .bat to delete the updater and the rename the new updater to the correct name. Might be worth looking into?

Blog Entries
    I'm curious where it is getting C:/Users/Scott Ulmer/Desktop/FantasyGroundsUpdater.exe. Do you see the updater on your desktop or in the D:\Programs\Fantasy Grounds Unity folder?

Thread Information