5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 17 of 30 First ... 7151617181927 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pablomaz View Post
    So, after yesterday's update, we had another update today that rolled FGU back to 28/april or is it only me?
    Attachment 35349
    Yep, the font changes are still causing show stopping issues for some users so the updates have been rolled back.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

macOS 10.15.4 is throwing errors on update. I tested granting FantasyGroundsUpdater Full Disk Access and received the same errors. I've tested a few other permissions and executable tests but this error persists.

I'm seeing the following in log:

DownloadFile-FantasyGrounds: 71.235702
    6: Response received: 78017215
    FantasyGrounds Decompressing
    i: /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/unity default resources
    e: SaveFile - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib' is denied.
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x000e0] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMo de,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
    at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, System.Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at FileManager.SaveStreamToFile (System.IO.Stream str, System.String sFile, Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] fileStreams, System.String sProduct) [0x00037] in <cf56a75789ce483f83fd996eec66599f>:0
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/MainMenu.nib)
    i: /Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/PlayerIcon.icns
    e: SaveFile - System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/Applications/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/KeyConfig.nib' is denied.
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize, System.Boolean anonymous, System.IO.FileOptions options) [0x000e0] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, System.IO.FileMode mode, System.IO.FileAccess access, System.IO.FileShare share, System.Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.IO.FileStream..ctor(string,System.IO.FileMo de,System.IO.FileAccess,System.IO.FileShare,int)
    at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path, System.Int32 bufferSize) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at System.IO.File.Create (System.String path) [0x00000] in <567df3e0919241ba98db88bec4c6696f>:0
    at FileManager.SaveStreamToFile (System.IO.Stream str, System.String sFile, Ionic.Zip.ZipFile zf, System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T] fileStreams, System.String sProduct) [0x00037] in <cf56a75789ce483f83fd996eec66599f>:0
    HandleFile: Unable to save file (FantasyGrounds.app/Contents/Resources/KeyConfig.nib)
    Last edited by Pagan71; May 15th, 2020 at 16:22.

For about the last two months, when I try to update my Fantasy Grounds and there is a new Installer update, the installer will download and not be able to read/write and then it gets corrupt. Without the installer, I can't update and can't uninstall the program. I have to use Revo Uninstaller every week, then restart my PC, then install, then log-in, then update. If you could look into it as it is super annoying, I would appreciate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottUlmer View Post
    For about the last two months, when I try to update my Fantasy Grounds and there is a new Installer update, the installer will download and not be able to read/write and then it gets corrupt. Without the installer, I can't update and can't uninstall the program. I have to use Revo Uninstaller every week, then restart my PC, then install, then log-in, then update. If you could look into it as it is super annoying, I would appreciate it.
    Operating system (and version)? What do the installer and updater logs show? Is your anti-virus or security software quarantining FG? Do your system logs show anything?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Windows 10 x64. The log says it it downloads it and and comping compiler and then it hangs (for ever, I mean 30 + minutes and does nothing.). What happens it is updater is deleted and as it extracting the new updater it appears to be losing the read/write access or the file is in use so the system does not let it be written. And no my anti-virus is not causing the issue, no logs or pop-ups and also it works when I re-install every time. And not sure what system logs you would want me to review. Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi,

Apologies in advance for lack of log files, but the player that encountered the issue below is not the most computer savvy. Attached screen shot does show two separate (though possibly related) issues. The error in red is the message that appears when the player attempted to connect to my server. The log file is what automatically popped up when he clicked the check for updates button.

Additional Details:
    - Player FGU Mac v2020-04-17 (I think, don't recall exact version # but it was the same as other players and DM) with demo license
    - DM FGU Win10 v2020-04-17
    - Player was able to connect fine 20 minutes before
    - 2 other players were able to connect just fine
    - Force closing and/or rebooting didn't resolve the issue

We eventually all updated to the latest version of the client and Player was able to resolve the issue (with the aid of his teenage son ) by manually downloading FGU updater from website.

Again, apologies for screenshot only, but that's all I got but hopefully it provides enough to work with.

(Fun fact, best bug report I got from a customer was when I asked them to Copy/Paste the error message on the screen. Instead, the took a screenshot, printed it, and faxed it to me)

error.jpg

Yes Damned I can create files in the folder.
    Last edited by ScottUlmer; May 17th, 2020 at 16:10. Reason: Did not hit reply with quote.

I had the issue with the FGU update wiping out my FGC shortcut. I was able to find it and restore, but it gave me a scare.

Riding a Mac Catalina (version 10.15.4). When I click "Check for Updates" in red, it closes the application. Same thing if I click on Settings. I was on the 4.0.0 Free version, trying to hit settings to put in my Ultimate license. No Bueno!

Any idea when this will be fixed?
    Last edited by ljewell; May 19th, 2020 at 18:59.

Thread Information