DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 13 of 30 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Just updated and now I can't load a campaign the program becomes non responsive
    Edit: retry and it worked nvm

I'm getting the "Fix Permission" message as well. Running as admin doesn't work. Changing the permissions doesn't work. I cannot get into the settings either. The "fix permission" button pops up a Windows Command Processor which I click "yes" on, then nothing further happens.

I have one single user on my windows install, if that helps anything
    Last edited by Athenos; April 24th, 2020 at 09:45.

Quote Originally Posted by Athenos View Post
    I'm getting the "Fix Permission" message as well. Running as admin doesn't work. Changing the permissions doesn't work. I cannot get into the settings either. The "fix permission" button pops up a Windows Command Processor which I click "yes" on, then nothing further happens.

I have one single user on my windows install, if that helps anything
    Hi, I experience a similar issue when updating.
    First, as allways I get the message from UAC that Fantasy grounds wants to update, I select yes.
    Then, fantasy ground updater reports that it does not have write access, and also asks for access. Selecting yes does not make this messgae go away. But behind this message from fantasy grounds updater, I see that fantasy grounds is updating all the modules. When I select settings the same thing happens, and afterwards I am not able to change my settings.

I posted this issue in a wrong thread before ( the pre announcement thread), but I do not know how to remove it there.

FGU wont update

I can't update FGU. The updater show me a message saying " Fantasy grounds updater does not have write access to either the Application or Data directory. We can fix permissions, but will need Administrator Access to do so." Then I press Fix Permissions, accept the administrator permissions and nothing happens. I am working in an administrator user.

I am having same issue. I'm entering the program as Administrator, but when i click on "Check for Updates" or "Settings", it show the "Fix PErmission" settings, it does a download "in the back" and do not leave the screen. But the FGU works (enter a campaing, etc). Still, can't do any update or change the settings.

fgu error.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by marcelomelo View Post
    I am having same issue. I'm entering the program as Administrator, but when i click on "Check for Updates" or "Settings", it show the "Fix PErmission" settings, it does a download "in the back" and do not leave the screen. But the FGU works (enter a campaing, etc). Still, can't do any update or change the settings.

fgu error.jpg
    I have had the same problem but if you wait a while it ends up working. Fantasy Ground is updating but it is not seen and we must wait for it to finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Efreet View Post
    I have had the same problem but if you wait a while it ends up working. Fantasy Ground is updating but it is not seen and we must wait for it to finish.
    The process crashes, and FGU doesn't get an update.
    AdminUser running the updater as Administrator. Windows 8.1
    We all agree on the necessity of compromise.
    We just can't agree on when it's necessary to compromise.
    ~ Larry Wall

Same here, cant update to 23_04. It loads in the background behind the permission message, but stays on 17_04.
    Any news on this ?

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantElminster View Post
    I can't update FGU. The updater show me a message saying " Fantasy grounds updater does not have write access to either the Application or Data directory. We can fix permissions, but will need Administrator Access to do so." Then I press Fix Permissions, accept the administrator permissions and nothing happens. I am working in an administrator user.
    Update: It actually updates in the background, and it seems to be ok, but the message won't leave from the updater

Quote Originally Posted by ErrantElminster View Post
    Update: It actually updates in the background, and it seems to be ok, but the message won't leave from the updater
    Dont think it works, if yo you should have version 23_04.

Thread Information