5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 12 of 30 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Quote Originally Posted by avitale34 View Post
    It works but there is a new bug that makes it kind of rough at the moment, When a map it put to the background all the tokens are unclickable. So you have to have the battle map in a popout. Other people having this issue?
    I have this same issue and it took us awhile to work out exactly what was going on as I could move the tokens around as GM and with a second "player" instance running on same PC and my brother remotely could not. It turned out his map was set to background and mine wasn't at the time.

We further worked out that if map is popped out you can interact with the tokens. If you set map to background no one can interact with the tokens. If you click the maximize again you can interact with the tokens again but lose the chat window and the side buttons. See screenshots for what I mean...

Map as separate window (Popped out)
    FGU Map example 1.png
    Map set to Background
    FGU Map example 2.png
    Map maximized
    FGU Map example 3.png
    Last edited by mozmonar; April 15th, 2020 at 19:22.

Quote Originally Posted by Altenburgp View Post
    Yes. I'm on an administrator account. But it's on an external drive instead of the root drive. On terminal, I've also tried doing some SUDO commands for the admin directory at different times during the update process with no luck.
    Did you get this fixed? One of my players is on a mac and the update freezes everytime she tries to run it.

Not really. If I run an account from the root drive and install FG there, it works. I have an SSD, so I try to keep everything off. FG is the only software that I’ve had this problem...usually Mac is seamless.

Quote Originally Posted by Altenburgp View Post
    I have MacOS 10.15.4. My account (admin) is on an external drive. Two problems, not sure if related.
    1. Updater 20-04-06 won't download updates and stays frozen on "app permissions" indefinitely.
    2. No content or rulesets are listed when I host. This worked when my account was on the OS drive back in March. On settings, the correct directories for applications and data are listed. When I manually entered in the correct directories, no change.

Thanks
    Could you please try updating again and send me the log file below to [email protected]

~/Library/Logs/SmiteWorks/FGUpdaterEngine/Player.log

That should give me a clearer idea of where the process is choking.

After launching the patcher of FGU today it first of all updated the patcher itself and after this I got that..

FGU_Updater.PNG

Using "Fix Permissions" did not do anything for after pressing somehow nothing happened.

Started the application in admin mode afterwards but nothing changed as well.

Any idea but reinstall? ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Quaksalber View Post
    After launching the patcher of FGU today it first of all updated the patcher itself and after this I got that..

FGU_Updater.PNG

Using "Fix Permissions" did not do anything for after pressing somehow nothing happened.

Started the application in admin mode afterwards but nothing changed as well.

Any idea but reinstall? ;-)
    Operating System?

Though you could go into the installation directory and change permissions to read/write/delete.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Win 10 Pro
    Checked FGU Folder => nothing in there is write protected
    Updater is 2020-04-18
    Last edited by Quaksalber; April 20th, 2020 at 19:16.

with updated patcher everything now works fine again

Thread Information