DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 30 of 30 First ... 20282930

Thread: Updater Issues

Sorry to hear that Windows was corrupted. Glad to hear you have it sorted.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

We are having an issue with our game. Myself and other players open FGU, updater is ringed red. Hitting update, starts the normal process then fails because of an invalid user name/password. I have changed both of these, and I still get the error any time I try to update. I can connect to the lobby, and can join a game. I can start my own campaigns. Other players in the group are experiencing the same thing (including the DM). None of us can update. Any clues as to what is going on? I successfully updated to FGU4.1.13 earlier today, seems to have gone wrong since then.
    Last edited by SteveStewart332; January 5th, 2022 at 20:18.

This issue should be resolved now. Please try again.

Regards,
    JPG

I experienced the same issue as @SteveStewart332 but updater has resolved. However, now when I go to host or join a game it just sits on the "starting cloud server mode" screen and I cannot get in.

That seems to have resolved it - thanks Moon Wizard!

Since the most recent update, my updater window is off-screen to the while running. My laptop monitor resolution is set at 3840x2160 (Windows says this is the recommended resolution). The OS is Windows 11. I am using the resolution high DPI scaling override System setting. This happens no matter what what DPI setting I use, even if I don't change the scaling at all. I am able to use the Move command if I hover over the updater icon on the task bar then right click on the preview window that pops up. I have to use the arrow keys to move the window as the mouse can't reach the window when it is off screen.

Also, when the main menu opens, it is half-way off screen to the left. After the updater closes, it usually re-opens in the center of the screen.

The recommended system scaling at 3840x2160 is 250%. If I change that to 200%, the windows still appear partially off-screen. Setting the scale to anything smaller than that makes icons and text too tiny to read.

There are no error messages.

Blog Entries
    Can you post a screenshot for us to see?

I have not seen anything like that before. We use the the Unity engine for our updater to support multiple platforms, so we're not doing anything specific to DPI scaling ourselves.

* Are you running multiple monitors, or an extended desktop? (i.e. maybe the updater is appearing on another monitor/desktop space?)

You can also see if perhaps you can override the DPI behavior for the updater.
    * Go to C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FGUpdaterEngine
    * Right click on FGUpdaterEngine.exe, select Properties
    * Click on Compatibility tab
    * Click on the Change high DPI settings button
    * See if any of the options helps after committing the changes.

Regards,
    JPG

I've been having this same issue as well. I also have a 4k laptop monitor. If I resize the launch window from the bottom right corner it puts it back on screen. When I use a second display I have to resize the window half way across the screen so I can grad the window from the top, which is at the bottom of the second display, and move it to one of the screens. I haven't reported it since it's only a minor inconvenience but it's been like this for months.

Thread Information