Starfinder Playlist
Page 28 of 30 First ... 182627282930 Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Up and running thank you for all your help. I found another graphics card update ran that and it worked.

Glad you got it working. Thanks for letting us know.

Regards,
    JPG

I seem to be having a issue with Unity not keeping updates around.

Every time I startup Fantasy Grounds Unity it starts as 4.0.0 and requires updates.
    I have successfully updated to 4.0.6 and 4.0.10 but once I exit the program and restart it states its 4.0.0 again and I can't connect to clients using newer versions.

Do you have multiple installs or a previous installation in a different location? (possibly the desktop shortcuts are pointing to the wrong location) .. If that's not it can you tell me where you have FGU installed?

Quote Originally Posted by smelton View Post
    Do you have multiple installs or a previous installation in a different location? (possibly the desktop shortcuts are pointing to the wrong location) .. If that's not it can you tell me where you have FGU installed?
    I have a steam install of the classic version. I believe tried to install FGU to my F drive, under "F:\FGU\FantasyGrounds.exe".
    But it looks like the shortcut I use to launch the program every time is pointing to "C:\Program Files\SmiteWorks\Fantasy Grounds\FantasyGrounds.exe".
    So it does look like I have two installs, or at least two locations on my computer where FantasyGrounds.exe lives.
    Shouldn't using the task menu to launch the program on the c drive be consistent at least?
    Wouldn't that keep using the same version, keep updates around and ignore the version on the f drive?

It sounds like your shortcuts are pointing to the wrong install

I wanted to add what worked for me.
    I was getting:

Error: Failed to receive data
    Retrying in 10 seconds

Kept repeating and not downloading. Opened up my router settings to confirm there wasn't some kind of throttling enabled, and noticed that there was a firmware update to be performed. Ran it and now the updater runs smooth as butter!

Thanks again for all the help!

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I am having issues with the update function. I noticed that I haven't had an update for a little while, so I decided to check using the option on the loading screen. It is coming upo with a failure because my user name or password is not recognised. I can launch my game with no problem, and my players can gain access OK. The only "weird" thing I have done is look at the new Forge, and I added the Exhaustion extension (mainly because I wanted to see how the forge worked). Any idea what's going on? I am running FGU, playing 5e, and until now I have installed every update as soon as it becomes available. I have the Ultimate licence, currently noted as v4.1.4 Ultimate (2021-06-08).

Blog Entries
    Go into your Settings and re-enter your username and password, save it, and then run an Update. It should be the same as what you use to log onto the forums. If it fails, you can always reset your password on the forum and then try the new password.

EDIT: Try @ddavison's suggestion first.

Can you follow these steps to provide us the logs?

* Launch FGU
    * Click Settings button
    * Cancel Settings dialog in updater
    * Click Update button in updater
    * Once it completes, click Settings button in updater
    * Open Troubleshoot tab in settings
    * Click Gather Logs button
    * Post the logs

Thanks,
    JPG

Thread Information