FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 9 of 30 First ... 789101119 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Quote Originally Posted by redeyesofnight View Post

Long story short, at the moment, FGU is designed to be run on an admin account, and can only update with admin permissions.
    The best option if you are not running on an admin account, is to launch Fantasy Grounds or the Updater as admin using the terminal, as that should allow you to update.

Thanks redeyesofnight. I'll run FGU as an administrator for now :-)
    (The issue only presented a few day ago. Before that the Update Button worked correctly)

A good solution for me would be if it worked as in FGC: I run FGC as a normal user and when I click "Check for Updates", the system ask me the Administrator password to proceed.
    Last edited by alessandro; April 5th, 2020 at 10:25.

Hi. FWIW, mine appears to be updating properly. I just updated to "4.0.0" from "4.0.0," but it shows the date of 4.4.2020. Wanted to let you know about the release notes link - the latest version listed there is 3.3.10 (this is the url: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html). Not urgent- just a heads up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by OutaYerElement View Post
    Hi. FWIW, mine appears to be updating properly. I just updated to "4.0.0" from "4.0.0," but it shows the date of 4.4.2020. Wanted to let you know about the release notes link - the latest version listed there is 3.3.10 (this is the url: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filel...atchnotes.html). Not urgent- just a heads up.
    The link to release updates is a placeholder and does not point to relevant info. Known and will be resolved prior to production release. But thanks!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I am using Mac OS 10.13.6. I have confirmed that I am able to log into the fantasy ground website with my username and password.
    However, the application fails to save my login info. And the connection times out.

All it ever says is logging in. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application various times.
    The update engine also manages to connect and download updates when I tell it to update.

Additionally, once I put my user name and password and select login, the CANCEL and SAVE buttons are not responsive, only the UNINSTALL button is able to be selected. It also allows me to switch tabs between BASIC, ACCOUNT, ADVANCED.

No matter what I do, it never logs in.

Hi,

Have played about two sessions with my players, I find most features work and are very happy with the beta progress.

I find that if run the maps without LOS it works great, but get black screens for players when players are placed in LOS map

Should I place he characters in the map before turn on LOS?

Not sure if this has been requested?

It would be great for DM to test the players line of sight with in the DM view.

Other software (no names) uses a hot key to show the characters LOS view which allows the DM to test what each character can see.

Thanks

@pixellating,
    I've forwarded to our updater developer to see if he has ideas.

@Winseral,
    For new questions (this thread is for updater issues), please post in a new thread.
    Here are some answers to your questions:
    * You should make sure that you place PCs/NPCs in the combat tracker first; then place them on the map from the combat tracker. This allows all the pieces to link up correctly in terms of player ownership of tokens for LoS.
    * Also, you can click on any token as a GM to see it's current LoS (or select a set of tokens).
    * Additionally, you can start a second instance of FGU to connect to your own server in order to see the player view of what their UI looks like.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by pixellating View Post
    I am using Mac OS 10.13.6. I have confirmed that I am able to log into the fantasy ground website with my username and password.
    However, the application fails to save my login info. And the connection times out.

All it ever says is logging in. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall the application various times.
    The update engine also manages to connect and download updates when I tell it to update.

Additionally, once I put my user name and password and select login, the CANCEL and SAVE buttons are not responsive, only the UNINSTALL button is able to be selected. It also allows me to switch tabs between BASIC, ACCOUNT, ADVANCED.

No matter what I do, it never logs in.
    This sounds like a common issue for some users on Comcast/Xfinity.

Please see if any of the information in this thread helps.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...sers-Important

If this does not help the issue we can look a bit deeper.

My internet service Provider is Mercury.net

My internet access is through radio signal, not traditional cable like Cox, Comcast, Xfinity, Shaw Communication. There is a dish on my roof that points to a tower about 2 miles away.

The problem is the login part of the updater. I am able to get the updater to download updates. So I don't think the port forwarding is an issue. The updater engine, freezes, none of the buttons work except for the uninstall one. Save and Cancel are unresponsive. And the values I put into the login user name field and password field isn't saved. It will also let me switch tabs between Advanced and syncing accounts and login

I will give the port forwarding a try, as well as attempting to reinstall on an admin user account on my mac.

I installed FGU on an admin account and my ISP opened up my modem to permit port forwarding directly to my computer. They enabled DMZ on the router and had me input my mac MAC address into DHCP static lease 1 Mac Address, and my mac ip into DHCP static lease 1 IP address and DMZ IP. Then hooked up my mac mini to the router with ethernet. They told me this should permit port 1802 to function.

But I am still having the same problem. I also noticed that when ever I do an install, it never gives me the option to select the file destination, could that have something to do with it? Is it possible there is something wrong with my account on your end?

I took a screen shot of my router settings, but am reluctant to post it here. I don't know if I can dox my self that way.
    Last edited by pixellating; April 10th, 2020 at 01:36. Reason: additional info

Thread Information