STAR TREK 2d20
Page 22 of 30 First ... 122021222324 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

I think I have a possible work-a-round for folks who are finding that FGU will no longer recognize the copy of their 5E Sample Campaign after an update has occurred.

It seems the update deactivates the sample campaign on the 'Load Campaign' option. If you were to use File Explorer, you would see that the 5E Sample Campaign does still exist in FGU's AppData folder.

You can do a complete reinstall of FGU, but I found that the sample campaign once again disappeared from the FGU launch screen after an update had occurred.

However, I've found the following solution to work the best, even with a week's worth of updates for FGU: there is a ZIP file copy of the campaign posted by ddavison in the below forum link.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ample+Campaign

For simplicity, I would first recommend deleting the old 5E Sample Campaign from the campaign folder in the AppData pathway for FGU, before adding in the extracted folder from the ZIP file. So far, I haven't experienced any issues.

Incidentally, I run FGU with no third-party extensions, and I always use the live version.

Fleet Foot wrote:

"It seems the update deactivates the sample campaign on the 'Load Campaign' option. If you were to use File Explorer, you would see that the 5E Sample Campaign does still exist in FGU's AppData folder."

Yes, the folder still exists - but several files, including db.xml do not. Maybe there is some difference in content between what gets installed with FGU and what is in the zip file that might have an impact.

I have taken to making a copy of the sample campaign folder at the end of a session, so I have something to restore if it gets wiped out - that lets me keep my progress. I hope.

JRJ

I am getting this over the past couple days. I uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I do the same but also remove all folders and still nothing. I have even gone into the registry and still can't get past this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Unity.png

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by aim2luv View Post
    I am getting this over the past couple days. I uninstall and reinstall. Nothing. I do the same but also remove all folders and still nothing. I have even gone into the registry and still can't get past this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Unity.png
    Please post the log files and any issues/error reported in your system events viewer. Also please give us details of your computer.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There is no log files cause it won't do anything. This is right after an install when you open it up for it to run it's thing. That's all it does.

I did actually find this after doing some digging.

0x00007FFB4CDCE3CE (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
    0x00007FFB4CD91B9A (nvwgf2umx) OpenAdapter12
    ERROR: SymGetSymFromAddr64, GetLastError: 'Attempt to access invalid address.' (Address: 00007FFBC2E631D9)
    0x00007FFBC2E631D9 (d3d11) (function-name not available)
    0x00007FFBC4A7319B (dxgi) PIXEndCapture
    0x00007FFBC4A49F8B (dxgi) DXGIReportAdapterConfiguration
    0x00007FFBC4A4473F (dxgi) DXGIReportAdapterConfiguration
    0x00007FFB4E2D582A (UnityPlayer) PAL_Thread_SupportsThreads
    0x00007FFB4E364625 (UnityPlayer) PAL_Thread_SupportsThreads
    0x00007FFB4E3699AB (UnityPlayer) PAL_Thread_SupportsThreads
    0x00007FFB4E369A88 (UnityPlayer) PAL_Thread_SupportsThreads
    0x00007FFB4E66CA28 (UnityPlayer) UnityMain
    0x00007FFBC6FD7BD4 (KERNEL32) BaseThreadInitThunk
    0x00007FFBC8EECE51 (ntdll) RtlUserThreadStart

Then looking at the crash report it is to big to paste in here. So if there is any info in the report that I need let me know.

Blog Entries
    And your computer details? Windows, Mac.... ?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Windows 10. Fresh install on the computer.

Not sure if it makes any difference or not, but even when I go to uninstall the program with add remove programs it gives me the same issue.

I'm not exactly sure where to post this. I purchased the COC Investigator's handbook along with a few modules today from Steam early this morning. This evenign, when I ran FGU and clicked on Check for Updates, they didn't update. So I opened ye olde FG and updated there, and it picked up the new book and modules. Then I closed ye olde FG and opened FGU and clicked on Check for Updates, and it picked up the new handbook and modules. Not a biggie, but thought I would let the developers know in case there is something tricky about newly purchased content.

Thread Information