DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 30 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Thread: Updater Issues

Another problem with updater. After launch the updater, i have the message you can see in the picture. Obviously FGU is not open, just the updater but i can do nothing else then close the windows. So... no update.
    Is there a solution for this error?
    2020-03-30_21-15-12.jpg

Did you check task manager?

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    Did you check task manager?
    Sure. NO FGU instance open. Just updater. And then, after i close the updater, it continue to start until i delete the .exe file.
    later i try to download again the installer and made (again) a clean install.

Just checking as people sometimes forget to check task manager. I've only seen that when trying to relaunch updater when FGU is already open.

Quote Originally Posted by Copernicus219 View Post
    Just checking as people sometimes forget to check task manager. I've only seen that when trying to relaunch updater when FGU is already open.
    Don't know what happen this time. I already had problems with updater, but this kind of problem is totally new. At least for me. After launch it it seems enter into a loop: i close the updater after i've got the error message, and after 30 seconds or so, it opens again and continue, close and open. To end this loop i must delete the exe file from folder.

You will get that message if FGC is running also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    This.

The update looks for a running process called 'fantasygrounds.exe' which is the same process name as in FGC.

If that doesn't solve it, reboot your computer and try again.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I have an issue where if i try to manually run the updater, or run the updater from within the fantasy grounds executable that the updater will crash within less than half a second of being open. Running task manager i can see the updater pop into the list then disappear. In both instances i am left at desktop with no fantasy grounds applications running in the background.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Obviously i check it. FGC is not open. I also reboot my pc, but the error continue to appear.
    Later today i will install again FGU and i hope this bug don't happen again.

Is there any official statement on how to tell if we're running the most recent version? I know there was a new build pushed over the weekend. I haven't uninstalled/reinstalled but I did just appear to successfully update, and FGU is now reading v4.0.0 Ultimate (2020-02-36). That is the date of the most recent patch note, but MoonWizard posted here on the 29th saying there was a new version? Is this not pushed live yet? Or is reinstall mandatory? The fact that everything is called v4.0.0 seems unnecessarily complicated...

Thread Information