DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 29 of 34 First ... 192728293031 ... Last

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Shield View Post
    I took a look at FGU and it looks pretty much the same of FGC once you're inside the RM session. The images interface has changed but that is not RM specific and there are a number of videos out there on what to do with that. The lobby to get people connected to your game has changed too but, again, it is not RM specific so there are guides out there to do that too.

For the RM stuff itself, I have produced a series of videos here, linked in this forum that deal with the new update. I have four or five more of those to produce but they should give you a good idea how to use RMC with FG.

Hope that helps.
    This is the wife of cpettyjr. Thanks so much for these links! He's neck deep in them and trying desperately to get stuff ready for the first game tomorrow night, or he'd respond himself.

Thanks to everyone for their responses!

Be sure to let him know that it seems overwhelming at first but gets easier as you do it.

Blog Entries
    Absolutely... it gets easier as you go.

One possibility is to not worry about the whole kitchen sink from session 1. Work with a few things until those are understood and then every session or two add one more bit of functionality once you feel comfortable with what's come before.

Eventually you get the whole kitchen sink, without being anywhere nearly as overwhelmed by all the possibilities from the beginning.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Just finished the first game after all the new updates including the optimization that was done and I have to say it was absolutely amazing. With the exception of a couple 'blips' in load time (and I'm talking 2-3 seconds here) the response time was immediate. The game was sooooo much more fluid and with things such as dragging on dropping damage to tokens instead of scrolling through the combat tracker makes combat crazy fast.

And for Cpettyjr, you're in for a hell of a fun ride. But like every else is saying, take it in chunks and don't overwhelm yourself. In case you didn't know you can run 2 sessions of FG, the server and connect to it with the other client. Then you can simulate combat, displaying maps and whatnot with a pretend player before having live bodies in the game. I spent hours upon hours with test characters working through combat just trying to get familiar and comfortable with the mechanics of FG and learning where to find things. My friends and I have been playing for a couple of months or so now and it keeps getting easier and even after not having played RM for nearly 15 years I can feel my old storytelling brain starting to kick in again. Enjoy!

Xen

If a player attacks a target that is either Prone or Unconscious, is the combat modifier 'Combat, OB: Foe Downed' (+30) suppose to be automatically applied in the attack roll or is this intended be a manual process? We had just been clicking the modifier all along but I wondered if that was as intended.

Hi Xen,

That hasn't been implemented yet. I mainly just got the existing effects working from v1.8. I do plan on doing more with the effects including handling the prone effect in the future.

Dakadin

I've been going through the videos and a couple of questions have come up.

1. How do I get the dice tower up? (Do I even need the dice tower?)
    2. When I bought FGU, it was supposed to have come with a couple of map and image sets, but I can't figure out how to get them loaded or imported.

Hi cpettyjr,

1. The dice tower is turned on by going to the Options using the button in the upper right corner. It is the 2nd one from the left on the 2nd row. Then in the Game (GM) section you should see an option Table: Dice tower. Change that to on and it will show up for you players. It allows them to roll things without seeing the results which will be only shown to the GM. If you have the option Chat: Show GM rolls set to Off then the dice tower will appear on the GM screen for when they want to hide rolls from there players. You can see information about all the options here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...mpaign+Options

2. If you open the Library in the bottom right corner, there will be a modules button. In there you should see all the modules that you own and it should include those modules. Click the load button to get them loaded in your campaign.

Hopefully, you are getting a bit more comfortable with using it but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

I appreciate the help guys, thanks.

I'm stumped again. Is there a way to have the character's St mod offset the minimum man. penalty for armor?

Thread Information