FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 28 of 34 First ... 182627282930 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnD View Post
    Would it be possible to automate the level bonuses for classes (i.e. the +3s or +1s to specific skills based on level in class).
    That is the plan for the next major release v2.2. I plan on finishing up the character sheet changes which will include redoing the Skills and Spells tabs. I want to automate the level bonuses with options for the optional rules.

Quote Originally Posted by lachancery View Post
    I moved the follow-up from characters thread to here:

What is the best way to report/document v2 bugs to help you?

Do you still have a "UserVoice" site with a features request list?
    You can post them anywhere on the FG Rolemaster Classic forums. I just end up adding them to my list to take care of.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    You can post them anywhere on the FG Rolemaster Classic forums. I just end up adding them to my list to take care of.
    Cool. Any other way I can help you? Any reference docs need editing? (I'm still covered under the NDAs I believe.)

I sent you an email.

The FGU release today optimized the performance so that things are loading in the RMC ruleset so that it seems equivalent to the speed in FGC.

I just did some quick tests and I have to say this release is amazing. All of the tables in my game are loading soooooo much faster. This will save me numerous curse words during my next game. lol All the more excited for my next game night this Friday.

Hi.

I'm gonna leap in here at the end of the thread like a noob and post a question cuz I'm old and have very limited patience with combing forums. Apologies for my rudeness, flames humbly accepted and duly forgotten.

I've been a fan of Rolemaster since the combat charts and spell lists all came on individual cardstock pages (that's close to 40 years). Getting people to play something that wasn't anything like D&D was always rough, so in 2011, when I found out about Fantasy Grounds and that it would support Rolemaster Classic, I snapped it up. However, once again, I couldn't find players so my incentive to learn how to use the bloody thing was close to nil.

Not long ago, I persuaded a group of new gamers to play Rolemaster. We had a great time, but then half of them scattered to the 4 corners of the globe (I mean, one of them moved to Taiwan). That's when the memory of FG shook itself out of the dust of my memory. So I looked into it, and immediately bought FGU and tried to dive in, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to start. All the RMC documentation is for FGC, and all the FGU guides I could find don't seem to be much help with the RMC ruleset.

TMI, I know, but I tell you all this because I want you to understand my level of frustration. I've essentially found paradise, I can see it through the window, I bought a ticket to get in and I can't find the bloody door!

Any suggestions?

I took a look at FGU and it looks pretty much the same of FGC once you're inside the RM session. The images interface has changed but that is not RM specific and there are a number of videos out there on what to do with that. The lobby to get people connected to your game has changed too but, again, it is not RM specific so there are guides out there to do that too.

For the RM stuff itself, I have produced a series of videos here, linked in this forum that deal with the new update. I have four or five more of those to produce but they should give you a good idea how to use RMC with FG.

Hope that helps.

The videos will be a big help so definitely look into though. Wolf_Shield did a great job with them.

There is a character sheet document that we are working on which explains the ins and outs of the character sheet. It is almost done and will hopefully be available in about a week.

Also don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them even if you haven't read the forums. It is often much quicker to just ask the question around here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpettyjr View Post
    Hi.

I'm gonna leap in here at the end of the thread like a noob and post a question cuz I'm old and have very limited patience with combing forums. Apologies for my rudeness, flames humbly accepted and duly forgotten.

I've been a fan of Rolemaster since the combat charts and spell lists all came on individual cardstock pages (that's close to 40 years). Getting people to play something that wasn't anything like D&D was always rough, so in 2011, when I found out about Fantasy Grounds and that it would support Rolemaster Classic, I snapped it up. However, once again, I couldn't find players so my incentive to learn how to use the bloody thing was close to nil.

Not long ago, I persuaded a group of new gamers to play Rolemaster. We had a great time, but then half of them scattered to the 4 corners of the globe (I mean, one of them moved to Taiwan). That's when the memory of FG shook itself out of the dust of my memory. So I looked into it, and immediately bought FGU and tried to dive in, but for the life of me I can't figure out where to start. All the RMC documentation is for FGC, and all the FGU guides I could find don't seem to be much help with the RMC ruleset.

TMI, I know, but I tell you all this because I want you to understand my level of frustration. I've essentially found paradise, I can see it through the window, I bought a ticket to get in and I can't find the bloody door!

Any suggestions?
    Hey and welcome. FG did a great job with Rolemaster back then, and the new ruleset we have now thanks to Dakadin's work (hopefully there will be some kind of new module that we can buy to show support) is likewise amazing.

You already know Rolemaster, so personally I think that is the biggest bite of the sandwich for you to chew. Start with making a character. Once you get that down there are a variety of ways you can go, but the new videos by Wolf_Shield are nice and a good start.

The best way IMO, however, is to get a bit of a personal walk through tour of FG if you can. I'd love to do that myself, but life just isn't co-operating right now. Ask questions when you have them; there will be someone who is able to point you in the right direction.

Stick with it because the outcome is absolutely well worth your time and effort.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Thread Information