STAR TREK 2d20
Page 25 of 34 First ... 152324252627 ... Last
    @Xen - good feedback - thanks. Some of the functionality is covered by videos out there that focus on using the CORE RPG ruleset 'engine', but I can see it would be helpful to have a growing library for RMC. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Right now you can add that bonus manually in the RR window by clicking the magnifying glass. Then fill in the bonus in the item fields. It will then be included when you roll your RRs. It just isn't linked to the item.
    Your items window has plenty of detail that GMs can fill in already - another section there would work well. Not sure how tricky to implement, though! We implemented the RR mod in our game as you suggested and it works perfectly - I guess I'm also pretty familiar with the 5E implementation in FG and programming items there (although 5E is an order or magnitude less complex than RMC!)

Quote Originally Posted by kerrigaj View Post
    Dakadin - we just wrapped up Stuart's weekly game and decided to produce some videos of RMC in action in FG showcasing 1) RMC and 2) your FG ruleset. Do you have any suggestions on priority topics? Would you like to review plans before we start working on them?

The aim will be to produce something that helps those unfamiliar with RM conclude, "wow, that's great and much easier to play than I thought", and those who are familiar with a set of reference videos to tackle specific things in game.
    I know someone is working on a character creation video so that should be covered soon. I would say start with the basics needed to run a game. Then move up to the one off type of situations. For example, I added 3 new fields to the Combat Tracker so you can modify the Mult, UM and Max. I doubt many people know what these do so that might be good.

The Mult (Hits Multiplier) field will multiply the hits of damage when you drag a result from the attack or critical tables in the Table Resolver. This allows those attacks that have 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. The nice thing is it is included in the items/attacks and on the CT now so it can be setup to happen automatically.

The UM (Unmodified) field is for those situations where someone rolls an unmodified roll that matches the table and the GM needs to modify it. It could be used in situations where an item has a modified fumble result since it is still tied to the attack tables right now. I am hoping to change it so it is tied to the items/attacks in the future.

The Max (Max Results) field is for the Claw Law attacks for the S, M, L or H or the martial arts ranks. This allows you to adjust it if a mistake was made but it is also in the Items now next to the attack table. The Table Resolver will automatically stop at that Max Result if the value is greater than the max. It save the GM having to manually adjust it.

Please let me know if you have any questions on how things work since there are a few things that I know might not be obvious. The items actually have a few of those also which you mentioned (OB and DB) and a couple you didn't (Spell Adder and PP Multiplier). There are even some that I still need to implement like the ESF information.

Yeah the items in RMC were one of the toughest things to get working. It's working pretty good right now but I do have a couple ideas on how to make it a bit better.

Also if anyone does make videos or anything like that please let me know and I will create a sticky post with links to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    The Mult (Hits Multiplier) field will multiply the hits of damage when you drag a result from the attack or critical tables in the Table Resolver. This allows those attacks that have 2D, 3D, 4D, etc. The nice thing is it is included in the items/attacks and on the CT now so it can be setup to happen automatically.

The UM (Unmodified) field is for those situations where someone rolls an unmodified roll that matches the table and the GM needs to modify it. It could be used in situations where an item has a modified fumble result since it is still tied to the attack tables right now. I am hoping to change it so it is tied to the items/attacks in the future.
    Thanks for teaching me some of the new features.

Is there any documentation for v2 that you could direct us to to ensure we don't overlook anything? NP if not, we may just run video content by you before we produce each one if we are in doubt.

That sounds good to me. There isn't currently any documentation but someone is helping me out with that also which is awesome. Hopefully we will have the character sheet done soon since it is getting pretty close.

Char import error

Everytime i import an v1.8 character to v2.1.2 i get the following error/message.
    Code:
    Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_version2.lua"]:540: attempt to index a nil value
    Database Notice: Imported file 'G:\Users\Vandigra\Downloads\Rollenspiele\Moevenfels\alrik 5.xml' to database node 'charsheet'
    Last edited by Vandigra; May 30th, 2020 at 16:43.

Hi Vandigra,

It is getting an error converting a transportation item to the new item version. I've put a fix in my development version already and sent you a private message to see about helping you get the character imported.

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Maybe I'm doing something wrong. I can't seem to find anything with the search feature in the reference manuals. Entering a word like "sword" in the Arms Law reference or "strength" in the Character Law reference yields no results.

Thread Information